Martinique with toddler

medsed

We will be arriving late March on the Caribbean Princess. Hoping to find an activity for myself and our little one. She will be fine to just ride along in her stroller while we sightsee or explore...she actually loves to do that! I was thinking about Balata Gardens although the ships excursion will not take kids under two...so I am not sure if that is a good idea. LOoking for any ideas at all. Probably not too interested in taking her to the beach because hubby will be off diving for the day....

We will be arriving late March on the Caribbean Princess. Hoping to find an activity for myself and our little one. She will be fine to just ride along in her stroller while we sightsee or explore...she actually loves to do that! I was thinking about Balata Gardens although the ships excursion will not take kids under two...so I am not sure if that is a good idea. LOoking for any ideas at all. Probably not too interested in taking her to the beach because hubby will be off diving for the day....

Took this from trip adviser. You can also go by taxi from the pier

Cut.......

Travel to this garden using the local bus number 25 it stops right outside and runs every 30 minutes on week days (every 1hr 10 mins on weekends and bank holidays).The bus stop is in Andre Aliker road in Fort de France there are a lot of bus stops in this road just keep walking up the road until you find one with 25 on it. The journey is not expensive 2.60 euros and takes about 30 mins. The bus winds its way up into the hills with good views most of the way. The entrance fee for the garden is 13.50 euros and immediately you enter there are humming birds flying close to you feeding on the bird feeders. There is plenty to see tropical plants, a palm grove, ponds full of fish, a childrens playground and the wobbly tree walk. If on a cruise it pays to get up early in order to visit the garden and especially the tree walk before the trip coaches arrive as it gets very busy and the queues to the tree walk get very long.