Beach closings end of February. What’s my options? Thanks!

Kpk695

Arriving St Kitts March 2nd. From what I have been reading there will be some beach closings the end of February. We are looking for a beach with chairs/umbrella and drinks will be taking a taxi from port. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Arriving St Kitts March 2nd. From what I have been reading there will be some beach closings the end of February. We are looking for a beach with chairs/umbrella and drinks will be taking a taxi from port. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are happy being among Herds and Towles then consider Carambola.

If not, then look at Vibes.

Vibes Beach Bar is the first and only bar to have a Mobile App which is compatible for iOS and android phone users and enhances the “Vibes Experience”. Vibes patrons enjoy being able to make music video selections, placing food orders, access exclusive App discounts and more.Vibes Beach Bar is the first and only bar to have a Mobile App which is compatible for iOS and android phone users and enhances the “Vibes Experience”. Vibes patrons enjoy being able to make music video selections, placing food orders, access exclusive App discounts and more.

Vibes Beach Bar is the first and only bar to have a Mobile App which is compatible for iOS and android phone users and enhances the “Vibes Experience”. Vibes patrons enjoy being able to make music video selections, placing food orders, access exclusive App discounts and more.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking as well

You may be considering these three venues.

Carambola

Vibes

Reggie Beach

Ones two cents on each are.

Carambola: A lemming destination for Towles and Herds (T'erds). Plus in a few days the whole of the adjoining beach will become a construction site. Towles like Carambola, as they can walk in from the back, pay nothing, spend nothing, and have full use of their Beach sea and facilities for free.

Reggie Beach Bar: A busy fun place now, but could be the new destination of T'erds, because of the construction works next to Carambola, and the potential of having to pay for beds at Vibes.

Vibes Beach Bar: A funky and fun place for the young at heart. Avoided by T'erds, because Herds noise levels are 'controlled' by owners, and Towles are 'encouraged' to pay for beds for the use their facilities.

There are other beach bars on Frigate Bay.

There are no beaches closing. What is closing are several beach bars on South Friar's Bay. They had been leasing privately owned beachfront land for their operations. The most familiar would be Shipwreck & Discovery. The only beachfront operation left will be Carambola. They own the land that they are on.When they do start construction of the Ritz-Carlton resort complex is anybodies guess.

Please come back and let us know what beach you went to and how it was [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is a “Towle?”

No problem, explanation in précis

TOWLES:

Arrive by the cheapest means; take the most annoying spot on the beach to spoil a view of paying clients; spread the ship's Towles; constantly repeat the mantra "beaches are free" like a demented parrot; do not spend anything at the resort; bring food and drink browsed from the ship's buffet, all wrapped in a ship's napkin; bury their picnic debris in the sand; use the sea, beach and all the venue's facilities for free; return to the ship by the cheapest means.

Then when back in the Ship boast they spent the day at Carambola (et al) taking lunch and drinks there.

HERDS:

Arrive loudly en masse; stay loudly; have shouting conversations on their mobiles, or to other herd members, albeit 2 feet or 20 yards way; bring coolers full of Supermarket bought beer and demand ice for free; bring boom boxes and play on highest volume; do pay for beds but insist a colony of friends is created; complain about the price of venue's food as the reason for buying a single slice of pizza. Abuse or ridicule other guests, members of the venue's staff, solely for the group's amusement.

Basically, to knowingly do everything possible to spoil the ambience of the venue, and to annoy as many people as it is physically possible. Then leave loudly en masse.

Other items of annoyance can be added to each definition as required.

Addendum

A previous poster stated Towles and Herds (T'erds) were my definitions of normal/ordinary cruisers, being annoying but you get used to it.

Normal? Yes, for a T'erd

No problem, explanation in précis

TOWLES:

Arrive by the cheapest means; take the most annoying spot on the beach to spoil a view of paying clients; spread the ship's Towles; constantly repeat the mantra "beaches are free" like a demented parrot; do not spend anything at the resort; bring food and drink browsed from the ship's buffet, all wrapped in a ship's napkin; bury their picnic debris in the sand; use the sea, beach and all the venue's facilities for free; return to the ship by the cheapest means.

Then when back in the Ship boast they spent the day at Carambola (et al) taking lunch and drinks there.

HERDS:

Arrive loudly en masse; stay loudly; have shouting conversations on their mobiles, or to other herd members, albeit 2 feet or 20 yards way; bring coolers full of Supermarket bought beer and demand ice for free; bring boom boxes and play on highest volume; do pay for beds but insist a colony of friends is created; complain about the price of venue's food as the reason for buying a single slice of pizza. Abuse or ridicule other guests, members of the venue's staff, solely for the group's amusement.

Basically, to knowingly do everything possible to spoil the ambience of the venue, and to annoy as many people as it is physically possible. Then leave loudly en masse.

Other items of annoyance can be added to each definition as required.

Addendum

A previous poster stated Towles and Herds (T'erds) were my definitions of normal/ordinary cruisers, being annoying but you get used to it.

Normal? Yes, for a T'erd

[emoji23] Oh ok, got it. Thanks for the explanation.