Upgrade from a Whirlpool to a YC Balcony

ANDISIX14x11

We are traveling April 7, 2018. It is for a honeymoon.

My partner has convinced me to make the upgrade. I was personally looking forward to the whirlpool on my balcony but the reviews have made me concerned for the rest of the ship outside of the YC. Of course, many of the issues can and will be resolved by our cruising, but for our honeymoon and an additional $400.. we decided to make the move. I am sure I would have had a good time in the Aurea suite. I am not knocking the rest of the experiences. A cruise is what you make of it. I am confident we will enjoy our experience in the YC as it is our honeymoon and a little pampering will be nice.

That being said-- we upgraded for $400. We lost the whirlpool and the messages so let me ask a few questions.

1. What are the hours of the pool and whirlpool at the YC Deck? Easy to find a chair?

2. Anyone have an accurate number on how much a massage is? I have heard around $100. Is that accurate?

3. What else can you tell me about YC?

I am excited to make the move. Sad to be giving up the WP but the room turned out to be a tad different then I expected. I hope to try the 2 floor WP suite on the Merviglia one day.

thanks for any and all replies

Congrats! We havent sailed MSC yet but will be doing so in two weeks in the YC. Although you wont get the massages, you do have spa access so that will be nice. Someone posted the spa menu with prices on this site. I remember reading them at work this week. Im happy to be sailing in the YC and think for $400 AND your honeymoon, you made a wise decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats! We havent sailed MSC yet but will be doing so in two weeks in the YC. Although you wont get the massages, you do have spa access so that will be nice. Someone posted the spa menu with prices on this site. I remember reading them at work this week. Im happy to be sailing in the YC and think for $400 AND your honeymoon, you made a wise decision.

Thanks! and yes, I have seen some prices, just seem to be inconsistent. As long as they are around $100 (ish) I will be happy to add to our booking once on board. Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations Welcome to the YC we are on the same cruise so you might want to check out the roll call. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/subscription.php

I really cant remember when the pool and whirlpool close, I think it was sometime about dusk. You will never have a problem finding a chair...

All can say is prepare to be impressed and pampered..:cool::cool:

Check out the You Tube videos of the Seaside Yacht Club..

We will be in YC on Seaside in June. When we log into our booking, there are some nice massage packages (some priced for couples). It's hard to tell, but it looks like a little bit of savings vs a la carte pricing.

We are traveling April 7, 2018. It is for a honeymoon.

My partner has convinced me to make the upgrade. I was personally looking forward to the whirlpool on my balcony but the reviews have made me concerned for the rest of the ship outside of the YC. Of course, many of the issues can and will be resolved by our cruising, but for our honeymoon and an additional $400.. we decided to make the move. I am sure I would have had a good time in the Aurea suite. I am not knocking the rest of the experiences. A cruise is what you make of it. I am confident we will enjoy our experience in the YC as it is our honeymoon and a little pampering will be nice.

That being said-- we upgraded for $400. We lost the whirlpool and the messages so let me ask a few questions.

1. What are the hours of the pool and whirlpool at the YC Deck? Easy to find a chair?

2. Anyone have an accurate number on how much a massage is? I have heard around $100. Is that accurate?

3. What else can you tell me about YC?

I am excited to make the move. Sad to be giving up the WP but the room turned out to be a tad different then I expected. I hope to try the 2 floor WP suite on the Merviglia one day.

thanks for any and all replies[/quote

Good for you. We arrived pool side around 8am and chairs were all set up and ready. Pool bar closes at 8pm so I would think so would pool.

I think the couples message was around $200.

You are giving up a whirlpool but gaining a private pool and deck area where you don't have to fight for chairs.

Great move, you will enjoy.

Cheers