2019 Fall Mexican Riviera

cruzrbachoua

I totally agree, we loved our time there and in Victoria. We also enjoyed going up to Prospect Point and waving at the ships leaving that day we got off.....amazing!

Told Dh I would love to live in either place. We spent a lot of time in the garden in Victoria.....ugh forgot its name...but it was lovely and we walked back to the ship past wonderful houses...told dh one was a bit more country feel and the other city feel.....laughed and he said we could split our time between the 2. Said sure now win me the lottery so we can do that.

Butchart Gardens in Victoria and there's another beautiful city to walk. Living on the west coast have done a few repo cruises and San Francisco and Victoria are favourites of mine

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it wasnt Buchart it was the free local park or garden...had a big chess board set up and also had a for tip petting zoo of sorts. That is where we encountered our first wild peacock....their cry id a unique one and never knew they could sorta fly jump...we saw it jump the fence...then had a lovely chat with a local who was leaving feed out for them and got the pleasure of seeing 3 males try to win over a lady...she picked her suitor and off they went...was the highlight of the day. Had cute little bridges and ponds...reminded me of a Thomas Kinkade picture. We sat and enjoyed the silence and ate some mini cupcakes we got up just past the Empress Hotel...ir rained a little but it just seemed to make rhe city shimmer more.

Aha found my pic...it was Beacon Hill Park...we could have spent all day there...we did also take the local bus up to Craigaroch (sp?) Castle..just lovely.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No it wasnt Buchart it was the free local park or garden...had a big chess board set up and also had a for tip petting zoo of sorts. That is where we encountered our first wild peacock....their cry id a unique one and never knew they could sorta fly jump...we saw it jump the fence...then had a lovely chat with a local who was leaving feed out for them and got the pleasure of seeing 3 males try to win over a lady...she picked her suitor and off they went...was the highlight of the day. Had cute little bridges and ponds...reminded me of a Thomas Kinkade picture. We sat and enjoyed the silence and ate some mini cupcakes we got up just past the Empress Hotel...ir rained a little but it just seemed to make rhe city shimmer more.

Aha found my pic...it was Beacon Hill Park...we could have spent all day there...we did also take the local bus up to Craigaroch (sp?) Castle..just lovely.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

We always go to beacon hill park when we are in Victoria. Best free park we’ve ever visited.

Cruise Raider I know it was soo gorgeous. It felt like a Thomas Kinkade painting in some areas. To this day I still think of it. It was a big rainy and overcast when we visited or we would have stayed longer, but even in the gloom of the day it was still gorgeous!