Bourbon

Sam4msu

We were on the Oasis of the Seas in December and the onboard shops had Blantons for $40 a bottle and would sell us 8 with each of the letters. Ugh we were flying home so could t take the deal. Can’t find it on the shelves here in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW.....TREMENDOUS DEAL!

A bottle sells for $70+ here.

And they'd probably charge you $12+ a shot, LOL, making the Cheers package worth it for Bourbon drinkers.:rolleyes:

Only way I'd buy Cheers! is if they had top shelf bourbon and scotch (single malt) and something other than Jameson, preferably Islay Scotch.

We will be on the Dream in May, would love to know if there is a way to get a list of all forms of whiskey available on board (bourbon, scotch, etc).

Blantons is also one of my favorites. Did you know you can collect all 8 tops of the bottle. The set features a horse and jockey in different strides and poses resembling the stages of a horse race.

I would love to find Basil Hayden bourbon aboard the ship.

Fun fact: if you do collect all of the toppers, you can send them to the distillery and they will mount them, in order, on a barrel stave at no charge.

We are sailing on The Pride in July. I hope I’m able to find Basil Hayden (my favorite) while onboard for my pre-dinner cocktail. I’m guessing my best chance for finding it will be at the Steakhouse or Alchemy bars.

Fingers crossed!

Bottles sell for that much here (Cincinnati Ohio) too. BUT you can never find them!
Blanton's can be had at a local store here outside Philly for 57 a bottle. At Total Wine, which I know is a regional chain in certain areas of the country.

Bottles sell for that much here (Cincinnati Ohio) too. BUT you can never find them!

We must not be in a popular distribution area. There's a waiting list every time I go into a local store. I'm at the point if I see a bottle on the shelf with a topper I don't have, I buy it.

Has anyone ever seen good bourbon at duty free shops in the Carribean? I've heard rumors of Blanton's SFTB & Gold in Grand Cayman.
St. Thomas usually has the best selection between a couple of places at Havensight Mall and a few downtown.

Has anyone ever seen good bourbon at duty free shops in the Carribean? I've heard rumors of Blanton's SFTB & Gold in Grand Cayman.

I can attest that this is true! Saw both on the shelf when we stopped in at a Tortuga outlet during our tour of GC.