D+ drink package discount - 5 day cruise?

Beachin2

We have never taken a cruise shorter than 7 night and have never bought a drink package. After the September Brilliance TA to Tampa we will be staying aboard B2B - joined by extended family for the following 5 night cruise. We will be buying a drink package for us all. I have already purchased a package for them under one of the endless "sales" (have access to their account), so that is set.

My question: I have read that on longer cruises the D+ on board discount is 30%. Does that 30% also/usually apply on shorter cruises too? Trying to see if it makes sense to buy ahead now for us at the "sales" rate or wait and buy it on board.

We have never taken a cruise shorter than 7 night and have never bought a drink package. After the September Brilliance TA to Tampa we will be staying aboard B2B - joined by extended family for the following 5 night cruise. We will be buying a drink package for us all. I have already purchased a package for them under one of the endless "sales" (have access to their account), so that is set.

My question: I have read that on longer cruises the D+ on board discount is 30%. Does that 30% also/usually apply on shorter cruises too? Trying to see if it makes sense to buy ahead now for us at the "sales" rate or wait and buy it on board.

It's offered on all cruises. The onboard price could be significantly higher.

It's offered on all cruises. The onboard price could be significantly higher.

True. I did it last year mid way through a week cruise. The onboard price was much higher than the precruise price but after the D+ discount it came out to be about the same. So don’t expect any kind of savings from the precruise price if you buy onboard using the D+ discount.