Why is the Inspiration leaving Cozumel so early now?

GATravel

We are going to be on the Inspiration in April. Before Wilma we were in Cozumel until 10:00pm. After Wilma, my carnival profile said that we were only there until 8:00pm. Today it says we depart Cozumel at 6:00pm. Why does our day in Cozumel keep getting shorter and shorter? We love cozumel and don't want to leave that early.

They are still in the hurricane recovery process. All ships are leaving early. When my Elation cruise was there it was only from 8a-4p but the original itenerary had us there from 9a-10p. I don't know that there is much night life to stay after dark for, at any rate. They were installing lights on the pier while we were boarding the tenders to go back to the ship.

Thanks for the article, serene. I didn't find the tendering to be too terrible last week but we were on Elation and maybe the smaller size is what makes the difference. Didn't find the tenders took too long to load either. They would have all the people from each tender group wait up near the aft lounge and when it was time to get on the tenders we all walked down the stairs to deck 3 and got on the boat and that was it. Downtown was crowded though with 4 ships in that day.

From reviews I read--it doesnt sound oretty at all. I mean I understnad abut lines and waitiing... but since I am going elsewhere-- I dont have to worry.

Yes, we were fortunate and I don't know if I'd want to gamble on it being as easy on a ship the size of Conquest as it was on Elation. I can honestly say that for a while I've seen enough of Coz and wouldn't mind seeing Costa Maya instead.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1475

sounds like they have a hard time handling tourists in the day time too.

So glad we switched ports.

Serene - I feel the same way!!

Coz is still keeping it down to a minimum after dark. I think that they should be commended for acknowledging what is the best for all people concerned and making sure that those who do visit via cruise are having the best possible experience. The public beaches have always closed at around 5:00PM.

I think that it is still possible to have a great day in Cozumel. We were scheduled to be there on our Jan cruise - we will be rerouted to Costs Maya - and I was planning on having a nice breakfast on the ship, getting a tender when possible and taking a taxi to the beach and possibly a snorkel...Paradise beach or Playa Palancar (dive shop on site for a boat trip snorkel).

The Cozumel Message Board has lots of great info. You should have a fabulous time!!

Archived