Seafood Dining in the evening in Santiago

franu

I know that I have previously asked about a great place for dining on seafood in Santiago but I am looking for some recommendations for the evening. Previously I received a wonderful recommendation for a restaurant in the market but they are only open for lunch. I will be entertaining friends and would like it to be especially nice. This takes into account the freshness of the product as well as being prepared as close to perfection as possible.

Have you had such an evening meal in Santiago? Something that you will remember forever? I know that I will have centola but they might prefer lobster.

Fran

Coco has at least 2 restaurants in the Providencia area, that are excellent. We walked to the one close to the Sheraton on our stay. I don't remember if there was lobster on the menu, because everyone in our group had fish. I do remember King Crab, and I think they had lobster too. They have a website

http://www.aquiestacoco.cl/english.htm

Looking at the website, I didn't see any lobster, still the food was excellent.

Here is Frommer's review

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/santiago/D48102.html

jc

Thanks jc.

That looks really good for our second night but would love lobster and centola on the first night. This dinner is special as it is fulfiling a promise made by my late husband. I know that it is probably available it is just that I would like to hear from someone who has experienced it. We will be staying at the Hyatt but we are willing to travel for a great meal.

Fran

I would also like to know good restaurants in Santiago---The problem I am finding is that we arrive on Sunday morning and will stay the night at Hotel Orly before departing for Valparaiso the following day. Many are closed, I am finding on Sunday's. Any help?

Rena

Archived