Specialty dining perk from sale that just ended

GloriaF

I've never booked with the specialty dining perk as part of the booking, and I do not see prepaid dining in my cruise personalizer. Will there be a card in the cabin about this perk? The prepaid gratuities always show up. Just wondering if I need to double check with my TA beforehand? Advice, please.

First check your "Travel Summary"in the online Personalizer ( available after you have input all your info).

If its not there, I would ask your TA to print you out a statement off the Princess booking site that shows the Specialty Dining package.

We always make sure we take printouts with us for all the addons and prepurchases. There have been only a couple times that we've had to follow up on missing items and having all the printouts with us makes it very easy.

It won't show up on the Princess site, but should be in your TA's confirmation. They actually assign you a reservation with day and time prior to the cruise and you will have a card in your cabin with the details. Of course you can go and change the reservation after you get on board.

Thanks for the replies! That makes me feel better! I'll go read the TA's confirmation more closely.

I always take proof of all perks and OBC on the cruise also, although I have never had to use the proof I brought.

Edited by GloriaF

I booked two cruises w/ separate booking numbers, the free specialty dining only shows on the Booking Confirmation of one of them.

But in the personalizer it is there for both; you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the 'Onboard Reservations' tab to see it. It won't show under the 'Specialty Dining' tab.

It does show up (at least for us) on your Princess Personalizer under "Onboard Reservations". Ours is showing for our 4/1 and 12/19 cruise that had the specialty dinner as a perk.

Wow....happycruise is right! Just checked mine and it's there. Learn something new everyday....I just wasn't looking in the right spot. Thank you for the info!

I've had the comp'ed speciality dinners before and never found the info prior to boarding.

I booked two cruises w/ separate booking numbers, the free specialty dining only shows on the Booking Confirmation of one of them.

But in the personalizer it is there for both; you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the 'Onboard Reservations' tab to see it. It won't show under the 'Specialty Dining' tab.

Thanks for telling me exactly where to look. I was looking under Specialty Dining. Love these boards! <3

So, do they assign you a specific restaurant, specific time and day?

If we aren't happy with it, how do we change the reservation?

Yes, they assign you. If you aren't happy with your assignment (which should be in your cabin when you board), you call the DINE line or go to the restaurant and ask to change it. They will be a flexible as they can; supposedly a given number of slots each night are for those who received the perk and other slots are reserved for people who are paying for the dinner directly.

OK so expansion of the original question. (pardon my intrusion to the OP)

On my Princess booking confirmation that I got thru my TA it says:

By Booking through this promotion, guests will receive the following, yadda yadda .... Free Specialty Dining for all guests (1-4) in all stateroom categories.

So when I go online to my personalizer, at the bottom it DOES show Specialty dining for 2.

HOWEVER I also get embarkation specialty dining b/c of being in a full suite. Is that supposed to appear anywhere? B/c it's not on my personalizer or on my booking confirmation. I mean everyone who booked a suite during this promo will be in the same situation as I, so am I missing something?

I realize that the Dining people and Guest Service folks on Princess know that suites get 1 free specialty dinner. But should it appear anywhere?

Just to be safe for sure I'll bring my copy of the Booking confirmation where it says I get the promo specialty dinner (plus OBC and reduced deposit).

We have had the specialty dining perk several times which has always appeared at the bottom of the onboard reservations page. When we board the ship for the first time, I preferably go to the specialty restaurant the afternoon of boarding and request a time and date to dine. They have always been able to work something out for us. The alternative is to call them but the line may be very busy. I much prefer to go in person. When I do talk to the speciality restaurant (usually Sabatini's) I always tell them I have the perk but usually they ask me first. We do get the specialty dining reservation card in our stateroom but have never received it on the day we board and it has never been the time/date we wanted to go.