Orlando Hotel, one night..please help!

bubba1502

Hello All,

My family (dh,me,ds (14), ds(11)) will be traveling on the Carnival Sunshine out of Port Canaveral on March 16. We are flying into MCO early on the 15th, and from everyone's recommendations we have decided to rent a car for the day and return it at Port Canaveral. I have been researching Orlando hotels, that are reasonable in price (100-150), clean, and close to food (planning on possibly going to Downtown Disney, and maybe outlet shopping if I can convince my family :D). My head is about to explode...I don't know which hotel to pick!! Could you please help me out, and give me your recommendations, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Molly

Hard to know exactly what you would like, but I just checked hotwire and they have lots of reasonably priced hotels for your 1 night stay on International drive.

This where we usually stay and it is pretty close to Downtown Disney and the outlets.Also lots of places to eat right there. Hotwire will give you an idea of places and show them on a map. You can read the hotel descriptions, see where they are then make the best decision for your family. You can book thru hotwire (pay upfront for the "hot deals' which don't tell you the hotel until you book or just book thru their regular side.

You could also check out Kissimee which is closer but I don't like it as much. There are other areas you can check as well. Having a car will help a lot.

Good luck

ML

I would avoid International Drive hotels - too busy and too much traffic for me. Lake Buena Vista is just north of WDW and offers many hotels in all price ranges plus lots of dining options. Good luck with your search! :)

Hello All,

My family (dh,me,ds (14), ds(11)) will be traveling on the Carnival Sunshine out of Port Canaveral on March 16. We are flying into MCO early on the 15th, and from everyone's recommendations we have decided to rent a car for the day and return it at Port Canaveral. I have been researching Orlando hotels, that are reasonable in price (100-150), clean, and close to food (planning on possibly going to Downtown Disney, and maybe outlet shopping if I can convince my family :D). My head is about to explode...I don't know which hotel to pick!! Could you please help me out, and give me your recommendations, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Molly

What a small world. We are also flying into orlando on March 15 and heading out on the Sunshine on March 16. Since we are arriving late into Orlando, no car rental or sightseeing

for us. We are using Cortans shuttle service to go from our MCO hotel to the cruise port.

As for hotel, we simply used Hotwire. Used this list of known Hotwire hotels in Orlando to help figure out which hotel we were going to get. Ended up getting the Best Western Suites, which is great for us. Rooms are newly renovated, large suite, free breakfast, shuttle from airport. Everything we wanted for $80/night which was on the lower end of our price range. Just know that Hotwire reservations are non-refundable and cannot be changed.

Out of curiosity, do you guys have any excursions or reservations planned? We are going to be eating at the steakhouse (sans les enfants) on the first night to take advantage of the half price wine selection.

Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway in Lake Buena Vista is a nice hotel in a nice area. There are plenty of stores, restaurants, and bars to keep everyone busy. It’s also very close to Disney Springs. The hotel first opened in 1988 and has changed ownerships a few times but my family likes it and it’s always reasonablely priced.

Thanks so much for your replies! Familyofsix, we haven't decided on any excursions yet. I was thinking about renting a golf cart in Grand Turk, but other than that I have been trying to get the transportation and lodging booked before hand. Have you got any plans booked? I am so ready for this vacation!

Molly

Ended up getting the Best Western Suites, which is great for us. Rooms are newly renovated, large suite, free breakfast, shuttle from airport. Everything we wanted for $80/night which was on the lower end of our price range.

I've been poking around which Best Western are you speaking about?

Sounds like a good deal! We are sailing April 21st but I'll be in Orlando April 20th