Cheapest Transportation Port Canaveral

butterfly2

I'm looking for the least expensive way to get from Port Canaveral to Orlando International Airport (MCO). There are 4 in our family. We each usually take 1 roll-on, 1 over the shoulder small duffle, and 1 very large family suitcase on wheels. We will need this service on April 30. We are traveling Stand-By on the Airlines so hope to get to the airport as soon as possible to get out on the first flight that has enough seats for us. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks butterfly2

I agree that renting a car would be the least expensive way for the 4 of you. Several rental agencies provide free shuttles from the pier to their locations which are 5 to 10 minutes away. And there is no drop off charge in Florida.

I'm looking for the least expensive way to get from Port Canaveral to Orlando International Airport (MCO). There are 4 in our family. We each usually take 1 roll-on, 1 over the shoulder small duffle, and 1 very large family suitcase on wheels. We will need this service on April 30. We are traveling Stand-By on the Airlines so hope to get to the airport as soon as possible to get out on the first flight that has enough seats for us. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks butterfly2

Does the cruise ship offer a shuttle service? That is probably $25 each. You have four, so that works out to $100. You could get a rental car for less. It is about 45 miles, so a taxi would likely cost $100 also. I believe there are shuttle services (Art's Shuttle? Supper Shuttle?) that might work. You could also fly in and out of Melbourne (a closer airport). I'll be there the day before you and I am renting a car - from Melbourne most likely (I have not purchased my ticket yet).

If you rent a car be sure to rent a van or SUV. Four of us went in Sept. with about as much luggage as you say you will have and it would not fit in the Cadillac. We had luggage piled up on us in the back seat. The friend we were with swore it would have fit in a Lincoln (that's what he drives at home) so on the way back we rented the Lincoln and guess what? Right:p it was the same, rode back with luggage in my lap. The van or SUV runs about $10 more than the luxury cars. We drove to the airport in my Highlander and all the luggage fit with room to spare.

Does the cruise ship offer a shuttle service? That is probably $25 each. You have four, so that works out to $100. You could get a rental car for less. It is about 45 miles, so a taxi would likely cost $100 also. I believe there are shuttle services (Art's Shuttle? Supper Shuttle?) that might work. You could also fly in and out of Melbourne (a closer airport). I'll be there the day before you and I am renting a car - from Melbourne most likely (I have not purchased my ticket yet).
Cuizer, I have heard lots of strong recommendations for Art's Shuttle, but I think that the other one you mentioned is only a good idea if you are hungry. :D :D :D

Do check out Art's Shuttle at http://www.artsshuttle.com/ they charge $12.00 PP each way.

I must have been ripped off, because Art charged us $65.00 for 2 people on December 18th!

Seriously, they do charge less per person for larger groups and while their published rate is $60.00 they charged us $65.00. Their published rate for 4 people is $70.00 or $17.50pp.

Are you served supper on this supper shuttle?

Archived