Which beach would you recommend between Valley Church, Darkwood or Dickenson

beachcruiser2

Hello Gimme,

We are considering Darkwood in 2 weeks. Can you tell me more about the water park? Approximately how much was the taxi? Did you rent beach chairs/umbrellas? Was there any seaweed? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe taxi was $8 each way per person., $15 for 2 loungers and an umbrella. There was zero seaweed while we were there and the sand was really soft. Water park was really a collection of inflatables in the water, down the beach from the beach bar. I believe that was $15 for my 11 year old and $30 for my 19 year old- that rate was for one hour, which was more than enough time as far as they were concerned. My husband and I took our snorkels and masks out by the rocks while they were busy. There weren't a ton of fish, but since we already had the gear it was worth exploring.20180626_111412.thumb.jpg.3bab08d60906860a89fb455e37f4911c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

20180626_112541.thumb.jpg.b5ffd3fd4ad059eed1ce9bee5207e9c5.jpg

That is perfect! My 14 yo will love this! Thank you! Do we just ask the taxi driver to drop us at Darkwood beach?

Yes. When you get off the ship and walk through the port area you will be bombarded by literally dozens of drivers. Many of them will be holding signs with pics of different beaches, some will try to talk you into different places. I went past all of these guys and took a cab just out of the port. Agree on price ahead of time and tell them what time you want to be picked up- we didn't pay anything until being dropped back at port.

Terrific! Thanks for the advice! I’ve been to Antigua a few times, but it’s been several years. I remember the throngs of unofficial tour guides and drivers. Since we are talking about teenage boys, did you go to Barbados? We are thinking the Boatyard, but again, I have not heard if they have any of the seaweed or sewage issues.

Terrific! Thanks for the advice! I’ve been to Antigua a few times, but it’s been several years. I remember the throngs of unofficial tour guides and drivers. Since we are talking about teenage boys, did you go to Barbados? We are thinking the Boatyard, but again, I have not heard if they have any of the seaweed or sewage issues.

We did stop in Barbados but did a 3 hour tour with Stiletto and then wandered around the artists co-op area and had some lunch. Trip was nice, but next time I'd probably go to the Boatyard, since our first snorkeling stop seemed to be where they go. Our second stop at the wreck was really great though.

It's been about 3 years, but when we were at Darkwood it was awesome!! The views were pretty, the water amazing and the little bar/restaurant there was great (except for the bathrooms). We took the bus there and back. Easy but you do have to wait for it to fill up before it will leave. I am a chicken when it comes to the water-- I do not remember any drop offs, but I don't go out very far. I was very comfortable in the water there.