Ordinary People

gmbhardy

I understand the phrase "ordinary people" was off-putting. Maybe English was not their first language and perhaps the word choice was just a bit off?

Yeah, my first thought when reading the OP's post was that the person speaking to them was probably ESL. I noticed on our cruise that a lot of the staff used some interesting word choices, but their intent was all well-meaning. My parents are ESL, and even today I still catch them saying certain things where I respond, "Noooo, you can't say things like that!"

Last year my boyfriend and I were wanting to go on vacation, and we decided to go on a cruise because neither of us had been on one. We read a bunch online about different cruise lines ships. But what we discovered is that YouTube videos are a GREAT way to preview a cruise. There are lots of things that you don't get from photos on cruise line websites, especially since they're all marketing and promo shots. YouTube videos show what it's like to actually be there.

We eventually came across a video of The Haven on the Escape, and then more videos of The Haven... There are plenty. Lots of tours, and lots of reviews. We ended up booking a Haven spa suite, and LOVED IT. The one downside is that for our very first cruise being in The Haven, we are spoiled and don't want to sail any other way! Sadly, The Haven on the Bliss is much more pricey, so we got a spa mini-suite instead.

As far as taking guests to The Haven goes... We were able to take guests to our suite, but our guests were not allowed in The Haven common areas (courtyard, sun deck, restaurant, etc). I totally understand and support this, as we paid more to be in a private, quiet space, away from the crowds and people. Same for areas like the Mandara Spa and Vibe Beach Club.

If I am spending the money for the Haven, it isn't going to be on NCL, I am going on one of the luxury lines, where they visit intimate ports, include butlers, and impeccable food, and you share the entire ship with 300 people not 4000.