south beach hotel

irish2005

We stayed at the Albion hotel south beach last year. We enjoyed it, it’s an Art Deco building and doesn’t appear to be a chain hotel. The cocktail bar did a really good happy hour promotion.

The pool was nice and it is located nicely across from a cvs and near to the beach and the open air mall.

The one thing I didn’t like was the almost constant smell of cannabis at night but this was in the area and not in the hotel.

There are a lot different hotels for different preferences and budget in South Beach. We stayed at Lowes Hotel a couple of weeks ago for 3 days before our cruise. We loved it. The hotel has been recently renovated. Looks modern and welcoming. Eating/drinking there could be pricey. I paid $24 for 1 frozen cocktail including there taxed and fees. Lunch for 2 people was $35 for 2 wraps (including mandatory service charges). However, there are plenty of places nearby where you can by whatever you wish. For breakfast we loved Rosetta's bakery. Yum Yum.

We got an apartment on AirBnB that was about half the cost of any hotel we could find. It was 1 block from the ocean and 1 block from Lincoln Road Mall. It was a very nice place and we were very happy with it. In fact I've recommended the host to several of my friends who have stayed at his place since. We plan on going back as well.