Why no perks on repositioning cruises?

Fozwald

Not all repositioning cruises are lower cost. We are on one that has 7 of the 15 days at sea. AQ is $3619, balconies $3199. These prices have remained for the 2 years since we booked except for one small dip about 10 months ago. We got $100 OBC for booking on board.

Lately TAs are only a bargain after final payment.

We booked our upcoming TA on Reflection over a year ago 2D @$3400/ cabin, went down to $2100 about a month before final pay, after final payment we upgraded to A1 for $600 - $2700/ cabin.

We were on the repositioning of Eclipse last year 2017 from Southampton to Miami the drinks packages were half price as soon as we boarded , think they were approx 250 usd I was lucky to have a drinks package in owing to it being a rebooking of a cruise which I had to cancel through illness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comparing perks and pricing on two similar TA's April/2018 inside final payment.

14 Nt Celebrity Reflection Balcony

$1199 +tax $1308 total + 1 Perk, $100obc

15 Nt NCL Epic GTY Balcony

$1099 +tax/bev tip $1509 total + 3 Perks, Premium Liquor Package + 4 specialty dinners + $100obc

For the Reflection Oct 2017 TA, the Classic and Premium drink packages were half price beginning in about July, but not on any of the other cruises I had booked. Stayed at 50%, off and on, until we sailed. I think it was full-price onboard, however, but don't remember for sure.