Almost Live from the Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

hey zydocruiser!. amazing pics and info.

any chance you are scanning patters or menus that you could email to me?

tx.

i do have the patters but since they are from a holiday cruise they may not be that applicable to other sailings? and some of the menus.

for those chomping at the bit to take underwater photos - i think probably all that I have shared so far have been sent through photoshop to correct the colors.

Yes, waterproof cases are available for many cameras - not just canon. Certainly for some Oympus cameras.

I posted some more pics from Costa Maya here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=274061

Never really had people ask for prints before. I'm open for suggestions.

So far, all I have posted are low res pics, haven't uploaded the originals.

I'm not aware of any limit on the number of pics AOL allows me to upload, but it may not be unix or apple friendly. Not sure.

Sooner or later I will get them all uploaded, but as a temp solution, is there are preferred other service?

Hey Z,

Snapfish.com is good for downloading photos to and then sharing with friends.... They can order only what you want to share with them.... They do calendars and such too.... I really like their prints and calendars... Just a suggestion......

I had suggested either snapfish.com or kodak gallery. Both sites work pretty much the same. You upload the photos from your computer to the website (and you can edit, crop, change colors, etc if you wish.) Once you post the link to the album, others can view it and purchase the photos from the website and have them mailed to the homes.

It's a great way to share photos. We do it within our family so that way we aren't always having to have double and triple prints of everything.

You have some WONDERFUL photos and think there are a lot of us that would love it if you would be willing to share your photos with us.

If you have any questions abou the sites, feel free to give me a hollar.

Ok, I guess as a test, I'll see if anyone has a problem with viewing an AOL album. Windows users shouldn't.

Not from the Grand but isn't the Grand going to stop in Roatan at some point in the future ;)

Pics from Roatan:

5ufQv8uHmP5DF30HJafwGHGzU1rQvilQ00A0.jpg

zydecocruiser is presenting

zroatan - zy - 2005

(209 pictures)

share_button_view_album.gif

Click on the link above to view the pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way.

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvuGF8 c1FEFi4nPwAy%2fFOBaxWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

With the coupon, AOL members can get 100 free prints ;)

Ok, I have now posted under Costa Maya, Belize, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=274061

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275150

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275499

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275621

Zy....

Let me add my kudos for all of your postings. We're on the Grand on 2/4 and we're so excited!!

Again, thanks for taking the time both on the cruise and after to keep us all informed. You have the best cruise pictures I've seen!!

Zy,

Curious if you checked in at the pier or at the Hotel Galvez? From what I've read, when the port is full, there aren't enough facilities for all the ships. Some have reported problems with checking in at the hotel and carting luggage all over the place.

Thanks - it looks like you had a great time!

Ive used snapfish,but if you have a Sams club card,they have the cheapest prints Ive found..and good quality.You can purchase all kinds of things,calenders,puzzles,posters, etc. I believe you have to send invites for other ppl to purchase your prints.so that could be a little hectic if e1 wants them! But,great prices! Dot

The AOL album worked great....are all of us terrible picture takers going to luck out and be able to get some of the great pictures you take?!?! Thanks so much for posting. Ever though we were on the Grand before you, it is great to go back and look at everything. And the pictures of Roatan were a treat as well....we are thinking of going on the Grand Dec. 2006 and she has swaped Grand Cayman for Roatan.

Thanks again and I look forward to the full Grand album!

Ok, I'm still looking at the photos but can't believe your underwater photos..They don't even look like underwater pics... It looks like you put fish on the sand and took photos..... lol.... And the sea fan, like you just stuck it in the sand.... Amazing..... :D

Ok... Be careful of what you ask for! :D

{tis a shame the world forces me to do this}

I suppose I have to state that I personally photographed all the pictures and I reserve all rights.

share_header.gif

uHYDO-HAXm3JrCD3RqcwrLaNmhnLJlK100A0.jpg

Album name:

1,269 pictures shared

You've Got Pictures!

Subject:

Check out my album I sent you!

Click on the link above to view the pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way. If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77m%2fDCVDmuObvJHUmu3dnUr1zUXPh71SKHRWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Zy,

Curious if you checked in at the pier or at the Hotel Galvez? From what I've read, when the port is full, there aren't enough facilities for all the ships. Some have reported problems with checking in at the hotel and carting luggage all over the place.

Thanks - it looks like you had a great time!

Pier - only two cruise ships in port that day. Was in my cabin within an hour of showing up at the per - am thinking before 12:15pm.

Ok... Be careful of what you ask for! :D

{tis a shame the world forces me to do this}

I suppose I have to state that I personally photographed all the pictures and I reserve all rights.

share_header.gif

uHYDO-HAXm3JrCD3RqcwrLaNmhnLJlK100A0.jpg

Album name:

1,269 pictures shared

You've Got Pictures!

Subject:

Check out my album I sent you!

Click on the link above to view the pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way. If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77m%2fDCVDmuObvJHUmu3dnUr1zUXPh71SKHRWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Woweeee! 1200 + photos! I briefly checked and saw some menus, awesome! Will look at all of these great pics later today, thanks so much:)

Well I do have more... :D

It is possible to print the pictures directly to a local printer or order prints from AOL.

Or can download to your PC and upload to a service of your choice for printing.

Thanks for all the great pictures..I am like you in the fact I do not like to leave my stuff unattended on a beach..sooooo my solution..go to $dollar store and buy a kids inflatable swim ring..go to Home Depot and buy a 25' length of nylon rope..I used 1/8 - 1/4 inch..ok next part is two options..I went to REI and bought a nice sized (12" X 18") waterproof bag for under $20..you can use Zip lok freezer bags..put one inside the other..I think youre getting the picutre..inflate rubber ring..tie bag in the open doughnut hole of the ring..attach rope to ring..other end to your wrist..you have a floating buoy to protect your valuables..it depends on how deep you want to go to how long the rope you need..enjoy..

I have an Olympus c-50 with a underwater housing..

Archived