Reputable Tour Services in Puerto Madryn

A Knitter

Our tour guides in St. Petersburg, Russia, and Beijing also requested them - I don't feel it's any big deal - they don't have our picture or other info - I look at it the same as I would providing a credit card number in order to secure a reservation. Different strokes, I guess...

Mike

They have requested our passport numbers ahead of time before they will make a reservation. I have a problem with that and have not experienced this beforehand. Thanks. Maria
This is quite common however if you aren't comfortable giving that information, then you shouldn't.

Dear Knitter,

I have been working with a travel agent that I thought was reputable and not only did they ask for my passport number, they wanted payment of 80% of the quoted price via credit card, then they wanted to meet me when I got to Buenos Aires and have me pay the remaining 20% in cash at which time they would hand over my intra Argentine airline tickets and hotel confirmation. That really didn't make me comfortable. I suspect that he is collecting 20% commission in cash and that struck me as a pretty hefty commission. I guess I am used to the US where the vendor usually pays the fee not the customer. Has anyone else run into this?

Interesting. We are using Whales Patagonia and they have asked for only our names and shp info.

SQ

They asked for our passport numbers to expedite the disembarkation process. They quoted me a low price accidentally a few months ago, but are going to honor it.

• 4 weeks later...

dileep-- they quoted you a low price months ago? This is very odd. I had an excellent price quoted from them many months ago and I confirmed it at least four times. Today they have doubled my price and are asking for passport info. They said the earlier quote was "a mistake". What can I do? I'm feeling a little nervous about this outfit now.:(

I have emailed Whales Patagonia reminding them of their earlier confimred x price. I have asked them to honor this. I have also begun the search for another tour operator as back up information. This is a little rattling since I've had this nailed down for months. Or thought I did.

SQ

Archived