Has anyone used their discount certificate from the September Hurricane Cruise?

Into Cruising

Not for the hurricane cruise, but we were informed on Orchestra in December that, due to missing a couple of ports, we would receive 10% off a future cruise. We went to Guest Services to ask if we could get something to show this discount and were told there was a code in the system and we just had to say we were on that particular cruise - the discount would then be applied.

Anyway, when we came home, I 'phoned MSC UK to book another cruise and told them about the discount. I was asked for a discount voucher. I explained what guest services had told me. Fortunately, I had the notification that we received in the cabin and emailed that. I was told that they had "found" the code and that it could be applied. However, it took a number of weeks before they issued a booking confirmation with the correct, discounted, price showing.

Honestly I don't know what the problem is. I was to set sail on Sept 9th Divina it was cancelled due to Irma. I have tried to apply it on our next cruise and it's not showing. It should show IRMA on the booking but sometimes that doesnt even work. I'm leaving soon on my next cruise with a different cruise line once I get back I'll be calling I just can't be bothered with their customer service some aren't helpful.

I was on the cruise and got the 25 % off plus 5% for repeat customer. I booked with a travel agent and he said the 30% off was only for the cruise portion and not the port fees and taxes. The next day I phoned MSC and they said the 30% was off the total price of the cruise. I phoned back my travel agent and had him get it straight with MSC and a few days later they had my cruise marked down 30%.

We had to call in to use our 25% from the disrupted Divina Irma cruise.

Our PVC asked us to e-mail the certificate to them.

Then she had to get supervisor approval. The whole process took about 1/2 hour from the call to the final e-mail from MSC with the confirmation.

We used MSC PVC- Lisa.Mazuz@msccruisesusa.com - Lisa was nice to work with and returns calls and e-mails promptly.

Mark

I was on the cruise and got the 25 % off plus 5% for repeat customer. I booked with a travel agent and he said the 30% off was only for the cruise portion and not the port fees and taxes. The next day I phoned MSC and they said the 30% was off the total price of the cruise. I phoned back my travel agent and had him get it straight with MSC and a few days later they had my cruise marked down 30%.

That is interesting because the 5% (at least) is supposed to be only on the cruise fare:

The discount is understood to be applied to the stateroom cruise booking fare only.
This being on the MSC USA site: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/19275_01_VOYAGERS_CLUB_Terms_conditions_USA12012018.pdf

I would guess the 25% is intended to be the same, because some of those costs (ie port fees) are per person and go to a 3rd party. MSC is eating that cost if they discount those items.

ergo: I think you got lucky on the 5% and maybe really lucky on the 25% I guess there are sometimes benefits to dealing with a company that lacks organization. :eek:

OP: I would chase them down on this. I can't think of any reason the discount wouldn't show more or less immediately. I had a situation where I cancelled a booking, and the agent proactively offered to transfer the deposit to my other booking. She said it could take up to a day because some other group (accounting) had to do it, but about an hour later she emailed an updated booking summary. At the very least they should be able to tell you when to expect the discount to show up.

• 2 months later...

As a follow-up, I called MSC today and had a very nice agent. She told me it had not been applied, and then did extensive research to see what happened. She then came back and said, "no wonder they did not contact you" She was referring to the original agent took the certificate number, had trouble applying it, and said she would do it later with her supervisor. She then said the official word was it is not able to be used on a Yacht Club Booking. There is nothing on the certificate that says this. Has anyone had any luck using it for a Yacht Club booking?

We used ours on our upcoming cruise in a week and a half. The discount was applied and saved us a bunch of good spending money. We supplied the coupon number with the name and they were applied without issue. It did require a supervisor to update it.

We used it on our Yacht Club room. We were booked in the YC on the Divina during the hurricane cruise and had it applied to our Seaside YC room.