Another Cheers question--coffee related

summerlot2001

If my husband and I both have the Cheers package, can I go to the specialty coffee shop with both of our sail & sign cards to get coffee and bring his coffee back to the room for him?

On my last cruise, Liberty in October 2017 I was not able to do this on more then one occasion. Both had Cheers and went to get coffee in morning while she was back in cabin with kids and when I ordered she ask where my wife was and I said in the cabin. She said she has to be present to get her coffee, and I couldn’t get it for her.

I thought it was odd because I ordered bar drinks with her card and she wasn’t present so maybe it was just this employee. I tried every morning of cruise, different staff and not allowed. One time, in afternoon we stopped by to grab a Powerade and my wife was sitting nearby and when I ordered 2 with both cards they ask where she was, then I pointed to her sitting 10 feet away and they allowed it.

I know others have different experiences with no issues, so I guess you can try and see what happens. I was surprised being it was coffee. I would understand if it was alcohol, but I never had issue ordering two beers with both cards.

The official stance is you need to be present with your card to be served. But there are many servers who will let that slide, especially if they recognize you.

Perhaps first day go together, see if you can get same server next day?

Otherwise, order yours, then sit there near the counter sipping yours for 5min, then order the second on your card.

My husband and I are also big coffee drinkers and with Cheers we hit the coffee bar several times throughout the day for coffee, tea, bottled water, vitamin water, and sugar free rockstars. We have found leaving a cash tip the first day and here and there throughout the week really “helps” them remember us and we never have an issue [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums