Sharing a room with a platinum

tortuga1975

I cruise with my dad and we always share a room. He’s about to turn platinum. I usually get FTTF but wondering if that’s still necessary. From what I understand I’ll be able to board early under his platinum designation. What about tendering? Any other perks to rooming with a platinum when I’m still a lowly gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cruise with my dad and we always share a room. He’s about to turn platinum. I usually get FTTF but wondering if that’s still necessary. From what I understand I’ll be able to board early under his platinum designation. What about tendering? Any other perks to rooming with a platinum when I’m still a lowly gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I have never experienced this, I have read enough on CC to say, "You should not have to the platinum would be applied to the room if the platinum person booked it under his/her name". So with that said I will say 99.9% sure you would not have to get FTTF.

Since you are in the same cabin and will be on the same tender, you get his platinum boarding and tendering status as long as you are together when doing so. If you were in a different cabin, it would be against usual boarding guidelines, but doable if the whims of the check in personnel allow. Tendering with your Dad would be allowed no matter where you were on the ship.

You will check in with your Dad, board the ship after Weddings and Diamonds, have immediate access to your cabin, receive your luggage earlier than normal, and your Dad can take you and 4 other people to GS for priority tendering.

At the end of the cruise you and your Dad will have priority debarkation. If doing self assist you will be told of the place to meet and debark right after Diamond Self Assist. If you do zone debarkation you will be given zone 1 or 2 luggage tags. They have started debarking zones about 1/2 way through general self assist.