Any unisex handicap public bathrooms on Coral and Island Princess

Tinknock50

No unisex accessible bathrooms on the Island, but when my dad used to help my mother (before I started cruising with them), he would just stick his head in the women's bathroom and announce "Man accompanying a woman in the accessible toilet" and then go in. Never had any problems. All the public restrooms on the Island have individual stalls that are very private, and I never saw any women near the sink in any situation where a man would not be fine in the same area. They always used the ladies as it was usually cleaner, and had more stalls (urinals are not much help!).

By the way, in my state (CA), by law, an opposit sex assistant is allowed in any public restroom to assist a person with a disability.

I have seen the above done a few times too. I would never object to someone male or female helping someone. I think most people will agree that it would be better for all if this were to happen. There is usually a H/C washroom near the front desk that is both on some ships.

I'm not sure I understand your situation. If your mom iis a full time wc-user, then how is she going to shower if you do not have an accessible stateroom? Sure, you can use the public restrooms for the toilet, but not to shower. Also the doors to the non-accessible staterooms are not big enough for a wheelchair to squeek through. YOur mom will have to get up and walk in while you fold up the wc. Additionally, there is a step up into the bathroom in the non-accessible cabins, along with a small bathroom door. So to be honest, if you mom is really in a wheelchair full time, I wouldn't go if you can't get an accessible cabin. If she can get up and walk some, then you might be able to make do.

Candy

I'm not sure I understand your situation. If your mom iis a full time wc-user, then how is she going to shower if you do not have an accessible stateroom? Sure, you can use the public restrooms for the toilet, but not to shower. Also the doors to the non-accessible staterooms are not big enough for a wheelchair to squeek through. YOur mom will have to get up and walk in while you fold up the wc. Additionally, there is a step up into the bathroom in the non-accessible cabins, along with a small bathroom door. So to be honest, if you mom is really in a wheelchair full time, I wouldn't go if you can't get an accessible cabin. If she can get up and walk some, then you might be able to make do.

Candy

Princess came through and got us a handicap BA on the Island!

Candy my mom is able to walk a bit with her walker and me supporting her....thats why I thought there might be a possibilty we could do it in a non-handicap room. Yes showers would have been difficult even though she can stand if she has something to hold on to. But the dinky showers might be a problem.

Anyway we have the cabin we need now!

Archived