Cruise Manager, Booking Excursion Question

joepeka

DD is attempting to book an excursion for herself, her DH and one year old child on their upcoming cruise and is getting a curious indication from the CCL website. She is adding the excursion to the cart and on the next page (the cart), she has the option to "Add Guest" for herself and DH but a message appears next her one year old stating "Not available for purchase." The excursion has no minimum age level, it has adult and child prices (the child age level indicates "12 and under" which tells us it's not free for a one year old) and it indicates "more than 10 tickets available", so none of the usual gotcha's we can think of are preventing adding her child to the excursion purchase.

Has anyone encountered this in the past? DD has emailed CCL shore excursions and is waiting on an answer but I wanted to see if anyone here has seen this before. Thanks!

Maybe it is saying that a guest can't be added under the child? That's so strange. I don't recall seeing that when booking for my kids although they aren't as young. Curious to see if anyone else had this issue.

The only thing we can think of is that the advertised pricing for children (12 and under) is in error and perhaps it should read "age 4-12" and "under 4 free", or something like that. If so, that would explain why the one year old cannot be added to the excursion because there is no charge. :confused:

The only thing we can think of is that the advertised pricing for children (12 and under) is in error and perhaps it should read "age 4-12" and "under 4 free", or something like that. If so, that would explain why the one year old cannot be added to the excursion because there is no charge. :confused:

That actually makes sense! Well, let us know what the excursion desk says when they email you back.

Thanks!

Hmmm. I haven’t run across that. Perhaps a call to our PVP would help.

You mean I found something that stumped you? Incredible!! :D

DD thought of that but my experience with our PVP in a similar situation is that he would forward the inquiry to Shore Excursions anyway so she bypassed him. I know it takes them a couple of days to respond so I will report back on what they say.

You mean I found something that stumped you? Incredible!! :D

DD thought of that but my experience with our PVP in a similar situation is that he would forward the inquiry to Shore Excursions anyway so she bypassed him. I know it takes them a couple of days to respond so I will report back on what they say.

Ha! No babies on my cruises! I go for peace and quiet [emoji41].

I’m not sure. He could probably call one of his hookups over there and get an answer for you. Worst case he can’t. I would still call to say hi anyway. He loves to hear my voice 🤣.

Ha! No babies on my cruises! I go for peace and quiet [emoji41].

I’m not sure. He could probably call one of his hookups over there and get an answer for you. Worst case he can’t. I would still call to say hi anyway. He loves to hear my voice 🤣.

Cool! Please do and let me know what he says.

I’m saying if it was me, I would call. I have a feeling he’s going to need more info like your booking number and the excursion you’re trying to reserve in order to see if he can get anything done. Tell him I said hi!

Ah, gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. :o

No problem. If I thought I could help, I would!

I know you would and I appreciate it. We'll wait and see what SE has to say in response to DD's email to them and perhaps in the interim, someone else here will have seen that particular peculiarity. :)

My sil experienced this with her 13 month old granddaughter, they said because the child would not use/take up a seat on the transport bus, children under 2 were not charged. The transpo bus was packed so they really had no choice but to hold her (they sold every seat), they took an umbrella stroller with them for the park.

My sil experienced this with her 13 month old granddaughter, they said because the child would not use/take up a seat on the transport bus, children under 2 were not charged. The transpo bus was packed so they really had no choice but to hold her (they sold every seat), they took an umbrella stroller with them for the park.

Thank you...... that's what we are guessing and it's good to hear someone has actually had that experience.

Just to close this out, DD heard back from Shore Ex today and her 18 month old is "free" and thus the "not available to purchase" indication on the web site. It would be nice if the CCL website indicated that below a certain age is gratis. Oh well, thanks to those that responded. :)