Bed comfortable? In 2 bedroom Escape.

rocky55

Hi. I am traveling with my 2 kids and DMIL. She will be staying in the second bedroom because she likes her privacy. How comfortable (or not?) is the second bedroom bed? I have read you can get an egg crate but wondering how it is with that? I am driving to the port so I could bring a mattress topper. I could also stay in there with my daughter and my son is staying in the living room. I would just rather if we can make the bed comfortable since it’s only her in that bedroom for her to stay in there. She is also paying a little less than 1/4 also.

Thank you!

My 22 year old son stayed in the 2nd bedroom on the Jewel. We did ask for the egg crate and he seemed very comfortable, however he's likely not that discerning. He was just happy to have his own space. It did work out great as he's a bit of a slob and my daughter and I enjoyed not having to share the large bathroom with him!

My 22 year old son stayed in the 2nd bedroom on the Jewel. We did ask for the egg crate and he seemed very comfortable, however he's likely not that discerning. He was just happy to have his own space. It did work out great as he's a bit of a slob and my daughter and I enjoyed not having to share the large bathroom with him!

Thank you for your reply! Would you bring the mattress topper?

Personally I would not, but if it's possibly a big issue and I could fit it, maybe? Nothing worse than not sleeping well. You could also see how it goes and switch with her if it's an issue. The bed in the main bedroom is wonderful. We didn't use the couch in the living room, but I laid on it a few times and I would be more concerned about the comfort of that.

We've sailed in the two bedroom suite on many NCL ships and the beds have seemed similar, but we haven’t sailed on the Escape, so I hope this is helpful.

From our kids’ experience, the bed in the second bedroom is fine. It isn’t as comfortable as the master bedroom, but it’s okay. If your MIL has sleeping issues, I would try to bring a topper. Otherwise, I wouldn’t bother.

The couch is another story. The steward will make it up each evening if you wish to use it as a bed. I had to spend a couple of nights on it during one cruise and found it very uncomfortable. One of our children also tried sleeping on it (think he was mid-teens then) and said it wasn’t great, but had an easier time than I did. However, in all fairness, others on CC seem to have found the couch fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just ask your room steward to put a mattress topper on it. They have them available and if one is not enough you can ask for another one. My son and daughter in law (30) had no problem with the bed after they put a topper on it and left a few extra pillows.

We've sailed in the two bedroom suite on many NCL ships and the beds have seemed similar, but we haven’t sailed on the Escape, so I hope this is helpful.

From our kids’ experience, the bed in the second bedroom is fine. It isn’t as comfortable as the master bedroom, but it’s okay. If your MIL has sleeping issues, I would try to bring a topper. Otherwise, I wouldn’t bother.

The couch is another story. The steward will make it up each evening if you wish to use it as a bed. I had to spend a couple of nights on it during one cruise and found it very uncomfortable. One of our children also tried sleeping on it (think he was mid-teens then) and said it wasn’t great, but had an easier time than I did. However, in all fairness, others on CC seem to have found the couch fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi! So I am guessing the bed in the second bedroom is different than the couch in the LR? I think I will bring the mattress topper. Would I bring one for a single bed or full? I have read the bed in the second bdr when made up is a little bigger than a single. I am wondering if I should just change the reservation to 2 haven spa suites which are available for my cruise but than I won’t have that fabulous bathroom!! And it’s a good amount more.

Hi. I am traveling with my 2 kids and DMIL. She will be staying in the second bedroom because she likes her privacy. How comfortable (or not?) is the second bedroom bed? I have read you can get an egg crate but wondering how it is with that? I am driving to the port so I could bring a mattress topper. I could also stay in there with my daughter and my son is staying in the living room. I would just rather if we can make the bed comfortable since it’s only her in that bedroom for her to stay in there. She is also paying a little less than 1/4 also.

Thank you!

as a mother in law, :D, I've stayed in that second bedroom with an egg crate and was very comfortable.

Hi! So I am guessing the bed in the second bedroom is different than the couch in the LR? I think I will bring the mattress topper. Would I bring one for a single bed or full? I have read the bed in the second bdr when made up is a little bigger than a single. I am wondering if I should just change the reservation to 2 haven spa suites which are available for my cruise but than I won’t have that fabulous bathroom!! And it’s a good amount more.

I don't believe the Haven Spa Suite beds are able to be separated into twins which means you each will be sharing the bed. Also depending on the age of your kids they won't be able to take advantage of the spa.