Price Check and VIFP

mjhouse2

Just was able to price match our cruise in May on Carnival Paradise. Well I upgraded because our VIFP offer for suites was less than a balcony. I recommend if you have booked early saver to check your offers as this one gave us a suite for only $182 more per cabin. I know the perks are not great but to go from an ocean view to a junior suite is worth the money. Hubby loves the balcony.

I would definitely do that too!

Several years ago when we booked 2 OV rooms for my daughter's High School Graduation Girl Scout trip, it was what we had the money for at the time. A few weeks later, I noticed that the prices dropped significantly for our cabin category. A balcony cabin was actually about $50 less than what we had for the OV rooms. I was able to switch us to two balcony cabins where we could open up the divider to have one large balcony area, PLUS we each got the $50 savings as OBC which we used for an excursion.

Early saver is a good deal IF you are going to be dilligently checking prices at least twice a day. Also keep in mind that there must still be availability in the category you booked. If you booked the very last category 8C cabin, you won't be seeing any deals at a later time.