Hungry later for dinner in london after tea?

my mom and i are planning on having afternoon tea in london at 3 and someone said we will be too full for dinner that night. we are american , from wisconsin.... so that just sounds insane to me. HAHA

anyway, for those who have had afternoon tea.... did you have dinner later? i am really hoping to check out gordon ramsey's restaurant or an indian place but dont want to be too full

thanks

Unless you are used to eating lots of food, or you are going to have your evening meal around 2000-2100, then, yes, you will be to full for your evening meal.

We recently had afternoon tea in a local restaurant where we live here in the UK at 1245. We ended up just having some toast for our evening meal as we were still fairly full.

Unless you are used to eating lots of food, or you are going to have your evening meal around 2000-2100, then, yes, you will be to full for your evening meal.

We recently had afternoon tea in a local restaurant where we live here in the UK at 1245. We ended up just having some toast for our evening meal as we were still fairly full.

Yes, we wouldn't eat again until around 8 (2000) or so

Yes, we wouldn't eat again until around 8 (2000) or so
You may be OK, just don't have all 3 courses on your evening meal and you should be fine. And can I suggest you go for an Indian. The UK is probably the 2nd home of Indian cooking after India itself... obviously..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You may be OK, just don't have all 3 courses on your evening meal and you should be fine. And can I suggest you go for an Indian. The UK is probably the 2nd home of Indian cooking after India itself... obviously..

Oh, we are MOST DEFINITELY going for Indian. Dishoom was suggested, but I'm not sure which one. I'm all ears for any suggestions! !

Oh, we are MOST DEFINITELY going for Indian. Dishoom was suggested, but I'm not sure which one. I'm all ears for any suggestions! !
Unfortunately not from London, so have no recommendations. Some of the locals will be along shortly and will be able to advise.

Here are some of our favourite Indian Restaurants :-

Spice Namaste - Prescot Street E1. (Excellent renowned chef Cyrus Todiwala. Near the Tower.

Quilon - Buckingham Gate SW1. Westminster, affiliated to the Taj Hotel.

Bombay Brasserie, Courtfield Rd, SW7 also affiliated to the Taj Hotel.

The Empress Of India - Leman Street E1 (not far from the Tower & very handy for the Jack the Ripper tours! ) Very economical & food delicious.

London is full of Indian restaurants - abundant collection in Brick Lane E1 which is an area 'full of character' and much more 'down to earth' than the normal areas the tourists tend to stick to.