Reflection cabin 1599

shipster60

We have booked 1599 for a Mediterranean Cruise. After reading a recent post about cabin selection and looking at photos of Reflection, I'm worried that there is a support post obstructing the view. Has anyone stayed in 1599? I found two comments on this cabin in the stickies and neither mentioned an obstruction. All the other cabins on the hump are booked now, but I'd like to know if I need to keep watch for another cabin to open. Thanks!

We have booked 1599 for a Mediterranean Cruise. After reading a recent post about cabin selection and looking at photos of Reflection, I'm worried that there is a support post obstructing the view. Has anyone stayed in 1599? I found two comments on this cabin in the stickies and neither mentioned an obstruction. All the other cabins on the hump are booked now, but I'd like to know if I need to keep watch for another cabin to open. Thanks!

Have not stayed in 1599, but looking at the pictures, there is a diagonal support beam that supports the cantilevered Lido deck two decks up. Will not obstruct your view directly port but will be a minor obstruction when looking more forward - just as they are when looking forward or aft from all of the cabins 1551 thru 1597 off the hump.

We were in 1599 a few weeks ago! It's at the start of the hump on the port side - an excellent location. The beam referred to did not obstruct our view. The only thing we noticed was that the balcony was often wet. Not sure if it was due to regular cleaning, or that the ocean spray hit this area because of the hump. Regardless, we found that when we wanted to go on the balcony, it was often too wet to do so.

It was very quiet (Reflection has an 'extra' deck level above deck 11 that insulates you from the top deck), close to the elevators, but protected from the sounds by a sliding glass door.

Otherwise - a great cabin! I would stay in this cabin again, but we were not as impressed with Reflection as we are with Eclipse. We speculated that the 'extra' deck for Aqua class resulted in more Aqua class passengers making Blu busier. We felt it was noticeable, but certainly would not deter us from sailing on Reflection again - she's just not our favourite. Our next ship will be Silhouette.

We were in 1599 a few weeks ago! It's at the start of the hump on the port side - an excellent location. The beam referred to did not obstruct our view. The only thing we noticed was that the balcony was often wet. Not sure if it was due to regular cleaning, or that the ocean spray hit this area because of the hump. Regardless, we found that when we wanted to go on the balcony, it was often too wet to do so.

It was very quiet (Reflection has an 'extra' deck level above deck 11 that insulates you from the top deck), close to the elevators, but protected from the sounds by a sliding glass door.

Otherwise - a great cabin! I would stay in this cabin again, but we were not as impressed with Reflection as we are with Eclipse. We speculated that the 'extra' deck for Aqua class resulted in more Aqua class passengers making Blu busier. We felt it was noticeable, but certainly would not deter us from sailing on Reflection again - she's just not our favourite. Our next ship will be Silhouette.

Thanks for your input. Good to know the post isn't a major distraction.