UK price drops, how strict on the 'one time only' price change are they?

Flo71

Anyone successfully had Princess honour more than one price drop? My cruise price dropped significantly about 2 weeks ago so I paid the £100 admin fee and moved to a better cabin for less cost than the inside I had booked.

Today the sale has finished and the prices have dropped again another £250, now I know that I have used my 'once only' price drop but I never like to throw money if I can avoid it so just wondering if although they say 'once only' in practice if you enquire will they be sympathetic especially since I paid the fee so recently.

Anyone successfully had Princess honour more than one price drop? My cruise price dropped significantly about 2 weeks ago so I paid the £100 admin fee and moved to a better cabin for less cost than the inside I had booked.

Today the sale has finished and the prices have dropped again another £250, now I know that I have used my 'once only' price drop but I never like to throw money if I can avoid it so just wondering if although they say 'once only' in practice if you enquire will they be sympathetic especially since I paid the fee so recently.

Doubt it as we don't ever get the same deals and terms that our cousins in the USA get.:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Have had the same reply a couple of times. Only way to get a second priqce drop is cancel and rebook, thereby losing your deposit plus any benefits attached to previous booking. Unless you've paid a reduced deposit, then the losses often outweigh any new price drop

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Have had the same reply a couple of times. Only way to get a second priqce drop is cancel and rebook, thereby losing your deposit plus any benefits attached to previous booking. Unless you've paid a reduced deposit, then the losses often outweigh any new price drop

I paid a reduced deposit but have $500 of onboard credit, $400 of which I would lose so will stick where I am for now. I am tempted to try and phone again not for a price reduction to the new price but to upgrade and pay a bit more for amini suite, not sure if they would allow that.

I paid a reduced deposit but have $500 of onboard credit, $400 of which I would lose so will stick where I am for now. I am tempted to try and phone again not for a price reduction to the new price but to upgrade and pay a bit more for amini suite, not sure if they would allow that.
I am of the opinion it never hurts to ask!! Sometimes depends on whether you have passed final payment date. I did ask about a paid for upgrade a few years back from a mini suite to suite as the price had just dropped. Came back with the answer "they would charge the suite at the price it was when original booking was made!! May have different rules now, as goalposts seem to move all the time.