Sailing the Sky in March, convince me that Freeport is worth getting off the Ship....

Miller200

First time on a cruise and empty nesters, love the forums and have learned a lot, thank you all! BUT as I read I have not been convinced that Freeport is a good stop. We are excited for Nassau (booked Dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon) and are eagerly awaiting a day at GSC (weather permitting). So, those of you that have experienced FREEPORT please share; good and bad. Straw market, Beach, Bar tour, Foodie fun, conch fritters, Sky Juice??

Maybe a boat day would not be so bad, as I have heard..........TIA

I actually love Freeport and haven't gotten off the ship in Nassau, probably our last 10-12 cruises there. Been to Freeport several times and we enjoy doing the fishing excursions or just laying on the beautiful white sand.

Been to Freeport several times and done different excursions each time. This time we signed up for the glass bottom boat and look forward to doing that (weather permitting). If the excursion is cancelled due to the weather, we'll probably stay on the ship.

There is a lot to do right at the port, used not be that way. No beach (well there is about a mile or so away but sharks are plentiful) but 2-3 bars, a mini open air market to buy trinkets, great food (try Roberts for lobster and conch fritters!)