Scottrade CCL stockholder heads up

LeeW

So what exactly does having stock in Ccl get you in terms of cruise perks?

First of all, you get the $160/year or so of dividends. If this is in a non-taxable retirement account then the dividends are not taxed either (until you take the money out). Great place to park 401 or IRA money that you are not going to spend anyway - assuming your particular fund allows buying stock. The dividend can be reinvested to get more stock, which is why I started this thread. Scottrade didn't reinvest since current cost is more than the dividend on 100 shares. TD Ameritrade does. More shares don't increase any benefits but I started buying CCL at $35/share and it is worth nearly $70 now.

Second, you get non-taxable onboard credit for every cruise you take on one of the CCL cruise lines. If you only take one cruise a year this might only be $100 or so. But it still is free cash if you are going to cruise anyway. Unlike Royal Caribbean, this credit can be used with other credits. Current stockholders OBC benefits are attached.

ShareholderBenefit2017.pdf

I have noticed that nasdaq.com, while it listed an exeff date of 22 Feb for the scheduled March dividend, does not list a declaration, record, or payment date for the payment which makes me wonder what's up. The dividend rate is listed at a nickel more than the last 2 dividends through which is nice. I guess we'll see what's up in the next 2 weeks.

Tom

I have noticed that nasdaq.com, while it listed an exeff date of 22 Feb for the scheduled March dividend, does not list a declaration, record, or payment date for the payment which makes me wonder what's up. The dividend rate is listed at a nickel more than the last 2 dividends through which is nice. I guess we'll see what's up in the next 2 weeks.

Tom

Dunno 'bout nasdaq.com, but the original news release from Carnival, itself,

last Fri (Mar 2) quotes a record date of Feb 23 and a payment date of Mar 16.

If you want to have your CCL dividends reinvested you now will need to enroll on the TD Ameritrade website. Note that unlike Scottrade, the new company will reinvest in fractional .001 share dividends.

Leaving soon on only my third Princess cruise... where I will receive my third shareholder benefit of $250 in OBC. :cool:

I know it's not technically a "dividend," but $750 of tax free cash to "reinvest" on board makes me smile! :D

Did the same with RCL and have received over $3,000 of tax free OBC in the last five years... and THAT stock has almost quadrupled!