Paradise Beach crowds

Bamachic50

This is my husband and I first cruise and we want to spend some relaxing time at the beach. We will be the first of 3 boats for the day April 14, 8am-4 pm. We want to do beach first a d then go back to walk around the port and do some shopping and just look around since we have never been. I looked at Nachi and it seems really what we would like except the all inclusive... we aren't big drinkers, we will have 1-2 drinks each and then food, so i don't feel it will be worth the $55 ea... is Paradise real crowded? I don't want to be pushed together in loungers or feel like I'm in the middle of spring break. Since we are new to cruising I would love to hear all advice

Edited by Bamachic50

We love Paradise Beach and go there every time we are in Cozumel. It has never been crowded. There are lots of beach loungers under palm trees and along the shore. The large pool has a swim up bar and plenty of lounge chairs. The restrooms are clean. There is a $2 entry fee charge and then a $10 per person food or beverage requirement for using the beach chairs. There is also an option to buy a wristband to use the water toys. Kayaking and snorkeling equipment are available for rent.

Three ships is a very light day for Cozumel, and PB is a large beach club with lots of room to spread out - sounds perfect for what you want. I believe the admission fee/chair rental is $3 per person, not the $2 mentioned above.

Welcome to the boards! :D Please come back after your cruise and post a review :cool:

We always go to Paradise Beach when in Cozumel. Great food and drinks, service with a smile and a beautiful pool. A great way to spend a few hours. Oh, clean restroom facilities too!

We went to Paradise Beach on our last trip to Cozumel. We enjoyed the facilities and the food and service was good. We love being able to walk out into the ocean, and this was a problem at Paradise. The beach area leading into the ocean was very rocky. We aren’t big drinkers either, but have chosen Nachi this time for our upcoming cruise. The beach area looks like it is the powdery sand that we are use to having, and our water shoes can be left on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Three ships is a very light load for Cozumel. Agree facilities are very good at Paradise but would not be my top choice unless I wanted water toys or had young family members with us. I am not keen on multiple rows of loungers next to each other.

Other choices depend on your priorities regarding actual “sandy” beach, quietness, activities, whether you want to swim in ocean/pool?

I enjoyed Paradise Beach. The crowd wasn't bad at all. I first had a lounge chair in the sun but the moved to the shade with no problem. The pool is really nice! The staff was friendly, the grounds are beautiful!

Thanks! I think we will go with Paradise...do you reserve before your cruise or is it first come first serve. Has anyone had a massage at Paradise? It’s my husbands 50th birthday so I thought I might treat us to a couples massage.