Shore excursions purchase for multiple people

Avamyraroo

I’ll be able to choose shore excursions in a few weeks, and am wondering how to ensure six passengers get on same excursion. Can I buy for all at once? Will I need booking numbers and other info other than their names?

My sister, her husband, my wife and myself were on Viking Oct. 2017 for the Venice to Rome cruise, even though the reservations were linked, each couple had to log onto myviking and make our reservation separately. They came over to our house and we logged in at the same time. This could also be done separately on line and then use the phone to communicate. I did talk to a Viking agent prior to try to get it together, but they said each reservation has to be done separately. I suppose you could log onto each couples account and do it, but remember you do not have the excursion until you check out.

This was a real problem with us. Going in April 2 couples were able to book same time one couple could not. This poses a problem. We have called Viking to no avail. Shame on them for not accommodating us. We are also past customers. I will think twice sailing with them again. We take at least 1 to 2 cruises a year. Never had this problem before.

Agreed. They need to link the reservations in such a way that multiple dining and excursions can be purchased at the same time. They need to work on that. I don't want to take my college age children and not be on the same tours with them.