Platinum members?????

ksuds

We have done more than ten and I still haven't seen a platinum card. :rolleyes:

Is this something new? :confused:

Luv's Crusin'

When you cruise again go to the pursers desk and ask them to change it....they will....a few of us had to do that last cruise.;)

When we cruised in May, all we got was a gold card. They hadn't started the platinum on the Legend yet.

No perks...nada, but an apology from UB, who asked me to look and report back about the past cruiser program. Told him nada. Told me they hadn't introduced it on the Legend yet.

:cool:

that would not cost a lot of money.

One is recognition at the Past Cruisers Party of all Platinum members. That would have a side benefit to Carnival of a little prompting gold members to reach that level. Everyone loves recognition.

They could add an Elite level (Black Card) based solely on "sea days" and add the perks like Princess has. This would eliminate all the 3/4 day cruisers that could inflate the number of participants.

Since they already have the Skippers Club set up, the addition of Platinum members would easily be added without a lot more expense. And this is something that would be controlled from corporate, so there would not be any variation from ship to ship.

And maybe a little ...Welcome Back Platinum member star on your mailbox???

Because Princess charges a lot more. People there is no such thing as a free lunch. You sail a value line, you get treated accordingly.

Carnival seems to have no problem getting repeat cruisers so they see no need to offer perks. Maybe RCI has problems getting repeat business.

Hardly.

As for Carnival, you think they would have gotten the perks together BEFORE introducing the program.

It is fairly new, Luv's. In April, we got a regular card on the Celebration - there weren't any gold or platinum. In Oct, we got a Platinum on the Glory. I would assume that the cards would be rolled out to all the ships by now. Be sure you check your cruise history online with Carnival. If they don't have your cruises recorded there, you won't get 'credit' for them in the new card program.

Archived