Platinum members?????

ksuds

every ship is different but on the most part the only difference is the color of the card.

I have been given a free 5x7 photo by one of the staff members once and a free drink once in awhile but otherwise Nadda..hopefully they will change it a little.

As a "valued Platinum cruiser" ( their words ) we were invited to debark early . This was after the self-assist but before all the decks were called. It worked out great for us because we had booked a flight at 1:07 so we had no worries about making our flight on time. It also was nice to find our luggage in just a small area instead of searching for it. I know, I know.....some people live in Florida and don't care about the early debarkation...but we are in OHIO and it works great for us! Bob Dickinson ( or someone who answered the e-mail that I sent for him and signed his name) said that this would be on all ships.

Maybe we should stop looking for something for nothing and enjoy what we have.

Something for NOTHING? Excuse me?! How 'bout the $45,000 - $50,000 I've spent with Carnival? I don't think that's "nothing".

And you're right, Don...there is another answer. And it's a pretty darn good one at this point. I'm taking it post-January.

Something for NOTHING? Excuse me?! How 'bout the $45,000 - $50,000 I've spent with Carnival? I don't think that's "nothing".

And you're right, Don...there is another answer. And it's a pretty darn good one at this point. I'm taking it post-January.

I agree. I have 16 cruises with Carnival under my belt and I don't even want to think how much I have given them. It would not hurt for them to recognize past guests.

I have found RCI to be about the same price as Carnival and I am now getting benefits for being a past guest. I don't call a $100.00 on board credit and a $100.00 credit off of my balcony cabin peanuts. That along with priority embarkation/boarding along with priority debarkation and other incentives too shabby. So bottom line if I'm not paying more and get better service then it makes sense to try something else.

Carnival just plain falls down on their past guest program. Princess, Celebrity, RCCL and HAL FAR outdo Carnival.............and the prices for 7 day cruises are not all that different. The past passenger discount Carnival offers is usually offers past passengers pales in comparison to what my TA can offer me. And that is the only perk I can think of right now that Carnival offers. No free internet, no discounts in the shops, no free bingo cards, no priority tenders, embarkation and debarkation.

I agree. I have 16 cruises with Carnival under my belt and I don't even want to think how much I have given them. It would not hurt for them to recognize past guests.

I have found RCI to be about the same price as Carnival and I am now getting benefits for being a past guest. I don't call a $100.00 on board credit and a $100.00 credit off of my balcony cabin peanuts. That along with priority embarkation/boarding along with priority debarkation and other incentives too shabby. So bottom line if I'm not paying more and get better service then it makes sense to try something else.

If you had 16 cruises with Princess you would be "Elite" and would get:

Free Laundry and Drycleaning

Free Mini Bar

Free Canapes on Formal Nights

Free Internet

10% off at all Shops

plus some other perks

These are how they say thank you and welcome back........:)

Free Mini Bar

Free Internet

10% off at all Shops

plus some other perks

And that is why I'm working my way up RCI's past guest program now. I will be Diamond after my next cruise and that gets me more perks. Carnival has a lot of repeat business and feels that they do not need the perks to get people back but there are some that do stray and not come back. Not saying that I won't cruise with Carnival again but right now they are not my first choice even though I love the Spirit class.

Free Mini Bar

Free Internet

10% off at all Shops

plus some other perks

The free laundry and dry cleaning and of course the internet is a quality I would use from the princess line also rci has a special club for diamond members on some ships that is nice, it is just a place with some hors'douvrs and a limited open bar but it is nice.

see if Carnival did this it would be nice as it is now I have done there routes enough were I am thinking of doing more exotic cruises and princess and rci are looking better to me.

To be fair to Carnival, comparison to Princess is not comparing apples to apples, since Princess does not offer the number 3/4 day cruises that Carnival does.

Personally, I would have liked it better if Carnival had based their "colors" on the number of "sea days" and really offered some good perks.

I don't know how RCCL ranks in comparison to Carnival in the number of 3/4 day cruises offered...but that again may be the difference in "stuff" you get.

It isn't fair to expect any company to give away the same goodies to someone who has sailed 16 3 days cruises as someone who has sailed 16 7 day cruises.

Our family of four is platinum and we did receive some "perks" (as explained in earlier posts) on our Spirit cruise. Since this was our first cruise under the new system...we will see what the Pride does in March.

Free Mini Bar

Free Internet

10% off at all Shops

plus some other perks

Holy cow, are you serious? That is pretty nice. But princess is owned by Carnival, why wouldn't they all do the same?

To be fair to Carnival, comparison to Princess is not comparing apples to apples, since Princess does not offer the number 3/4 day cruises that Carnival does.

Personally, I would have liked it better if Carnival had based their "colors" on the number of "sea days" and really offered some good perks.

I don't know how RCCL ranks in comparison to Carnival in the number of 3/4 day cruises offered...but that again may be the difference in "stuff" you get.

It isn't fair to expect any company to give away the same goodies to someone who has sailed 16 3 days cruises as someone who has sailed 16 7 day cruises.

Our family of four is platinum and we did receive some "perks" (as explained in earlier posts) on our Spirit cruise. Since this was our first cruise under the new system...we will see what the Pride does in March.

I've got no problem with this suggestion as only one of my Carnival cruises (the Celebration earlier this year) was 5 days. The others have all been at least 7 days with 3 of the Carnival cruises being 10 days. (If someone is going to question my Holiday and Celebration cruises, we were on the inaugural cruise of both ships and sailed each of them again within the next 16 months. Both ships sailed 7 day itineraries when they were released.) Seven of the cruises were in suites - the 8th in a suite will be next week on the Liberty.

All of that aside, the price of the 4 and 5 day cruises isn't that much lower than 7 day so I don't think they should be easily discounted in the perk category. Carnival can - and hopefully will - do better. Then I'll be checking back in. After the Liberty, I'm building perks on Princess. :)

Holy cow, are you serious? That is pretty nice. But princess is owned by Carnival, why wouldn't they all do the same?

Because Princess charges a lot more. People there is no such thing as a free lunch. You sail a value line, you get treated accordingly.

Carnival seems to have no problem getting repeat cruisers so they see no need to offer perks. Maybe RCI has problems getting repeat business.

Because Princess charges a lot more.

That's what I've thought in the past too, Don. Then about a year ago, a friend of mine who cruises as much as I do (usually 3 a year) asked why I hadn't cruised Princess recently. I mentioned the price thing. She laughed as she showed me her docs for a 10-day Caribbean Princess cruise...$669/pp for her inside cabin. I prefer balconies/suites to inside cabins but I started pricing them and found that they were not off by more than $110 in most cases compared to the Carnival equivalent. When I started looking at port times, I realized that in many cases, they have longer port times in ports that I enjoy. I'll gladly pay a bit extra for that!

Don't get me wrong, I have greatly enjoyed Carnival and wouldn't hesitate to take a Carnival cruise in the future. But, I've started looking at several things and have decided that until Carnival makes a few changes, I am going to look elsewhere for cruises. And, past guest perks is just one of the 'critical looking points'. I think it says something about the cruise line and its relationship with its passengers.

Because Princess charges a lot more. People there is no such thing as a free lunch. You sail a value line, you get treated accordingly.

Carnival seems to have no problem getting repeat cruisers so they see no need to offer perks. Maybe RCI has problems getting repeat business.

When I booked the Navigator for last December, I checked to see what my price was against the Triumph. It was only $50.00 more. I was using a category 11 against a Junor Suite. On both of my Sovereign cruises this year, one was lower and the other a little higher than the Fantasy. On my recent Navigator cruise it again was only $50.00 higher but I had a $100.00 on board credit for being Platinum. Carnival is not always the least expensive. I booked the Jewel while on board and received a $100.00 on board credit plus a $100.00 balcony credit. That will move up to $200.00 after my next cruise when I move to Diamond. Those add up quick.

RCI does not have a problem filling those ships week in and out. Uncle Bob is just too cheap to open up the wallet and give some perks to their loyal customers which is why this customer moved to a line that would give some perks and so far it hasn't cost me anymore.:) As a matter of fact, Carnival is about the only line without past guest perks.

The debate about pricing will rage forever! But when I look for a cruise, I check ALL non-luxury lines for pricing. If you check my signature, you'll find how many times RCL had the best pricing for an itinerary/date I was interested in. I'd love to try RCL's Voyager or Radiance class ships, but I'm not willing to pay a premium to do so--no matter how great the past passenger perks might be on my second RCL cruise.

NCL has better past passenger perks than Carnival does, but since I think Carnival is a notch above NCL, if itinerary & price were equal I'd pick Carnival over NCL no matter what the past guest perks are.

every ship is different but on the most part the only difference is the color of the card.

I have been given a free 5x7 photo by one of the staff members once and a free drink once in awhile but otherwise Nadda..hopefully they will change it a little.

Free Drinks !! AND a Free Picture !

Wow.....Guess you are prettier than me !

10 Cruises.

For those who don't like the return cruiser perks compared to other lines the answer is simple ...:rolleyes:

We have done more than ten and I still haven't seen a platinum card. :rolleyes:

Is this something new? :confused:

Luv's Crusin'

Archived