Guarantee assigned ... WIN!

Long story short, originally booked an inside on Adventure because it was cheap(er). 3 days later saw the prices for balconies dropped - called to book, no go due to going going gone sale I'm not eligible for the cheap price :loudcry:. Called again few days later after noticing a different sale, guarantee balcony available for ... 12 dollars more than I originally booked the inside!! Whooping glee, tell the agent yes, please charge my CC $12 more for a BALCONY!!

Balcony assigned a few days later - 6388. It's a huge win due to the larger balcony in the shade, I'm cruising with an elderly grandmother who cannot handle the sun whatsoever. She'll be able to enjoy the fresh Caribbean air without concern. And if you're curious why she's going to the Caribbean not being able to handle the sun - special celebration for other family members.

Oddly enough 6388 is the only aft balcony cabin not listed as having an obstruction. Wondering if that's an oversight, and also what is the obstruction for the all the other aft cabins that doesn't seem to touch 6388.

Either way, guarantee to an E1 is great for us, no complaints, thank you RCCL!

The "obstruction" isn't anything that blocks your view...it's just that you are set back from the edge of the ship, and there is superstructure to look past to see the wake. You can't stand on your balcony and look directly down to the water. There are visible decks below you.

The "obstruction" isn't anything that blocks your view...it's just that you are set back from the edge of the ship, and there is superstructure to look past to see the wake. You can't stand on your balcony and look directly down to the water. There are visible decks below you.

Ahh, that makes sense then, since there's that porthole on the side 6388 wouldn't be considered obstructed. Learn something new, thanks for the explanation!

Long story short, originally booked an inside on Adventure because it was cheap(er). 3 days later saw the prices for balconies dropped - called to book, no go due to going going gone sale I'm not eligible for the cheap price :loudcry:. Called again few days later after noticing a different sale, guarantee balcony available for ... 12 dollars more than I originally booked the inside!! Whooping glee, tell the agent yes, please charge my CC $12 more for a BALCONY!!

Balcony assigned a few days later - 6388. It's a huge win due to the larger balcony in the shade, I'm cruising with an elderly grandmother who cannot handle the sun whatsoever. She'll be able to enjoy the fresh Caribbean air without concern. And if you're curious why she's going to the Caribbean not being able to handle the sun - special celebration for other family members.

Oddly enough 6388 is the only aft balcony cabin not listed as having an obstruction. Wondering if that's an oversight, and also what is the obstruction for the all the other aft cabins that doesn't seem to touch 6388.

Either way, guarantee to an E1 is great for us, no complaints, thank you RCCL!

When do you sale!? I’m waiting for my guarantee to be assigned. I’m not good at it at all [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cookie2703

When do you sale!? I’m waiting for my guarantee to be assigned. I’m not good at it at all [emoji51]

We're sailing in April! Actually we've done guarantees many times, and most of the times got higher than the lowest category in (unfortunately) the same guarantee that we booked. Only once did we get upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. And the last 3 or 4 times we've done guarantees with Royal we got a cabin assigned within a day or two of booking. With Princess we've had to wait for weeks sometimes, and usually got the lowest category within the guarantee. I don't know if being Diamond with Royal has anything to do with it.

Good luck on your assignment!

We're sailing in April! Actually we've done guarantees many times, and most of the times got higher than the lowest category in (unfortunately) the same guarantee that we booked. Only once did we get upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. And the last 3 or 4 times we've done guarantees with Royal we got a cabin assigned within a day or two of booking. With Princess we've had to wait for weeks sometimes, and usually got the lowest category within the guarantee. I don't know if being Diamond with Royal has anything to do with it.

Good luck on your assignment!

Thank you much for the info :)) Fingers crosses! Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums