Questions about River cruises and booking a cruise while on a cruise

Little Rascal

I am taking my first Viking Ocean cruise in May. I"m thinking about taking the Pharaohs and pyramid river cruise in 2020. Does Viking offer a discount if you book a cruise while on a cruise? Do travel agents offer a discount on river cruises? Thanks for any help answering these questions.

I am taking my first Viking Ocean cruise in May. I"m thinking about taking the Pharaohs and pyramid river cruise in 2020. Does Viking offer a discount if you book a cruise while on a cruise? Do travel agents offer a discount on river cruises? Thanks for any help answering these questions.

We booked our next cruise, a 2019 river cruise, while on board our last cruise. The cruise we wanted already had a promotion going, so we got that. Our returning guest discount was doubled ($200 each became $400 each) plus they were offering some onboard incentives (I don't know which of those incentives are always offered and which were on special, hence I hesitate giving specifics). At least one of the discounts was based on how much we were spending and how many cruises we were booking. All told, the discount is what I would call 'substantial'. Moreover, our reservation was instantly turned over to our travel agent of record. We booked near the end of the cruise so that there would be time when we got home to get the trip insurance squared away. We wanted to be sure to get the existing conditions waiver and that has to be done within x many days of putting down the deposit.

We booked our next cruise, a 2019 river cruise, while on board our last cruise. The cruise we wanted already had a promotion going, so we got that. Our returning guest discount was doubled ($200 each became $400 each) plus they were offering some onboard incentives (I don't know which of those incentives are always offered and which were on special, hence I hesitate giving specifics). At least one of the discounts was based on how much we were spending and how many cruises we were booking. All told, the discount is what I would call 'substantial'. Moreover, our reservation was instantly turned over to our travel agent of record. We booked near the end of the cruise so that there would be time when we got home to get the trip insurance squared away. We wanted to be sure to get the existing conditions waiver and that has to be done within x many days of putting down the deposit.

Thank you! I think we should wait till our cruise in May to book then. Viking told me that TA are not allowed to offer any discounts on the cruises but she did not say anything about offering OBC. I don't really care for dishonest people. I did send a message to my TA also to see wha she says.