Seaside Kids Clubs

LovetheCubs

Just wondering if anyone off Seaside recently can give me any feedback on the kids clubs. Will be sailing with 11 year old and 6 year old. I know they will be in different groups. Just wondered if anyone could tell me their kids thoughts....pros and cons....on the kids clubs esp these age ranges!

When do you sail?? We will be sailing with my 8 year old grandson on 3/24 Seaside cruise..... so look for my trip summary/review in early April!

We sail May 12th! So we have sometime! I will look forward to your review!!!

My boys are 8 and 10. I am going to cut and paste this from my review:

Our boys went tried the kids club in the evenings. Please refer to post #68 in this thread, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570575&highlight=kids+club+activities+scan&page=4 to see the daily activities, ours didn't make it.

They were on the water slides or doing other things during the day. The kids club was a lot less refined then NCL getaway. They had short activities that didn’t appeal to the kids often times. Usually we would drop them off for an hour and pick them up to go see the show. For example, one night we picked up the boys a few minutes late and they were in the garage club doing a disco. My boys really didn’t like dancing.

On “spy night “ on Ncl it is listed from 7-10:30. It was a whole evening leading up to capturing the bad guy. My kids loved it.

On MSC, they had “super hero night” that sounds good, right? The times were a bit different then the one posted on the above link. So, we dropped them off, went to the seaside bar where the parade would be, and waited. The showed up 20 minutes later with a cape. They stood there in line waiting for 15 minutes, then did a dance for 3 minutes and went back.

Another example: we dropped them off for an hour on scary night, when we picked them up they said the didn't have scary night, they just watched a movie.

We also tried the “fun time dinner” early on. My boys hated it, since the counselors told them what they could have off the buffet, chicken nuggets that night, but they couldn’t go up and get what they wanted. I get why they had to do it this way with a group of kids, but my kids did not like it.

They have time to use the Nintendo switch, which again sounds good, but according to my sons “they only have 3 controllers, and no one shares”, so, yeah.

I don't want to make it seem like it was bad, but give you an idea what to expect. It felt more like a babysitting service, and may be better for younger kids. Our boys did enjoy the time they spent there, well except disco, but it was much less time then we had expected.

Edited by duderino
Added kids age.