Princess OM — No compensation for their failure.

Cruzer1001

Agree....it is nothing major....Boeing had to delay the delivery of the promised 787 Dreamliner for years to the airlines but it still eventually got delivered and is a great airplane....just a bunch of people looking for "something for nothing" and trying to create a FAKE problem for their cruise.....LET IT GO!!......:cool:

Sorry but I don’t think anyone here purchased a Dreamliner however the airlines who were the customers probably received considerations if their deliveries were delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Without the Satellite radio there are many stations you could not listen to.

Without an ***** you can still:

a) get on and off of the ship

b) get into your cabin

c) Make purchases all over the ship

d) Order a drink at any bar

e) Be checked into the muster drill

About the only things you cannot do without an ***** are:

a) Locate someone else on the ship

b) Alert any bartender to your favorite drink preference without speaking

c) Order a drink in advance and have it brought to you wherever you will be

d) Alert a performer in the Princess Theater that you are watching the performance while in your cabin (Yes, this was one of the announced features).

And with a cruise card you can tell what dining option you have and, if traditional, the dining room name and the time assigned. You cannot do this looking at a Medallion.

When the Royal Princess was announced, part of the announcement was for two glass pianos to be near each other in the Atrium. As far as I know, nobody asked for or received any OBC when the ship was launched with only a single (non-glass) piano.

And what were the selling benefits of those two glass pianos? How much were they promoted? What did you lose by only having one piano?

Keep in mind, Princess is the same company that quite recently was fined 40 million dollars for illegal dumping and falsifying logs to cover up the damage.

One could logically presume that ethical(and/or equitable) business practices ought naught be an integral part of the corporate culture at Princess.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Keep in mind, Princess is the same company that quite recently was fined 40 million dollars for illegal dumping and falsifying logs to cover up the damage.

Yeah, that got a few posts here.

Discontinuing happy hour ... many posts.

Butter ... many, many, many posts.

Without the Satellite radio there are many stations you could not listen to.

Without an ***** you can still:

a) get on and off of the ship

b) get into your cabin

c) Make purchases all over the ship

d) Order a drink at any bar

e) Be checked into the muster drill

About the only things you cannot do without an ***** are:

a) Locate someone else on the ship

b) Alert any bartender to your favorite drink preference without speaking

c) Order a drink in advance and have it brought to you wherever you will be

d) Alert a performer in the Princess Theater that you are watching the performance while in your cabin (Yes, this was one of the announced features).

And with a cruise card you can tell what dining option you have and, if traditional, the dining room name and the time assigned. You cannot do this looking at a Medallion.

When the Royal Princess was announced, part of the announcement was for two glass pianos to be near each other in the Atrium. As far as I know, nobody asked for or received any OBC when the ship was launched with only a single (non-glass) piano.

Forget cars. The issue is that Princess themselves recognized that they had promoted the hell out the ***** program and they themselves decided that it warranted compensation for customers booked on the “Previews”. Then they made a “Corporate Decision” at some point that those customers who booked “***** Vacations” did not merit compensation.

It didn’t help that Princess would not talk about the failure of the ***** program to the point that the first email about them changing our cruise was long after final payments were required.

Again the product sold has changed. You may think the change is small and it may be to you but that is not pertinent. Princess thinks it is a big deal and compensated some people to the exclusion of others and won’t discuss the reason

Something must have changed recently. We're on the same cruise, only the 14 day version, and I called Princess and after speaking to the rep and explaining my thoughts and disappointment she contacted "customer relations" and no problem on getting $100 OBC.

Was that per person or per cabin?

That's not true. If you have a way I can contact you outside of CC (maybe by email?), I can show you that I received OBC for this cruise.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind contacting me regarding the OBC. I spoke to a 'supervisor' and they were adamant that NO ONE on the April 15 sailing of the Regal is getting OBC.

recoveryshop at hot mail dot c *****

It has nothing to do with when you booked the cruise or what loyalty level you are. Princess stands firm that they gave everyone advance notice before final payment that ***** would not be available. She said if I was so disappointed, I should have cancelled the cruise. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

My own opinion is that the agent compensated me by mistake on the Regal. The $100 was listed under customer satisfaction. There was no overall policy in January because some on the Regal got it, some didn’t. The management then stepped in an made a uniform decision. They are giving out the Medallion by muster groups and when you see the new door pad you will understand why it is probably going to be Fall. When I inquired at the M&M whether it would be ready for all by April and my new cruise they all just smiled. As far as I could see the Medallion was no big deal except you are greeted by name at you door and it usually unlocks it. The new very fast internet is the huge improvement that you will note and is not in any way connected to the Medallion. They made it clear no more compensation would be offered knowingly. Management made a great decision with high speed Internet and a very poor decision with the Medallion which is basically a tool for their benefit to tell what services the passengers use the most and tracks you everywhere. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums