Post Xmas Sales - What did you buy?

Jane110

When in the heck do you guys have time to shop? I have been working 12-14 hour days, FINALLY got my hair cut last night at 8:00PM. Wanted to get nails and a pedicure before my cruise next week, but that went by the wayside.

Fabulous buys, everyone. Happy New Year!!!

Jane,

I may be right beside you in some hotel in the city. Will wave!!! LOL!!!

Decided to fly PHX/JFK, overnight for New Year's Eve, and then fly JFK/LHR for my cruise. Booked New Year's Eve Special party at the Hotel Ganesvoort. Since it is the old meat market and we still do business down there, I figured it would be fun. If we can't see enough of Times Square, we will move uptown to one of our friend's apts, who lives right off 43rd and Broadway.

Those are really beautiful Jane-I did go out a little uesterday-went to Marshalls and Ross.

Lord you would not believe Ross. That store was in such a mess-I told the clerk they needed to close down for a week and clean that store up-I did buy myself a pair of rockport lace up black suede walking shoes-they were ugly as sin-believe me-but I have to put comfort before looks-my legs and feet are in such bad shape-I walk every day-NOT becuase I am healthy but because my Dr. says with the nerve damage I have if I don't I will get worse much sooner.

So now I buy all the stuff I WISH I could wear for my daughter. She is a red head also like you-actually her hair is a light auburn/strawberry blonde-her skin is very fair and she has beautiful big blue eyes. Before Christmas I found her a pretty angora shrug in a light teal that she looks very pretty wearing.

At Marhsalls I also bought a pretty lavender blouse with crystal buttons in a poly but the material was a faux silk-I plan to wear that informal night on my cruise with a black skirt I have in a poly also but the material is a poly taffeta with a layer of poly organza over it with little bits of embossed velvet flowers in a lavender color. ( I figured I might could "get by" with that little bit of velvet-LOL-now I am just teasing)

But I am like the other gal-right now the stores are just TOO crowded-so I doubt I will do any more shopping until next week.

Those are really beautiful Jane-I did go out a little uesterday-went to Marshalls and Ross.

The shoes are Esther's, not mine. I just did the cut & paste for when she described them.

Glad you got some shopping in.

Have a great cruise.

The shoes are Esther's, not mine. I just did the cut & paste for when she described them.

Glad you got some shopping in.

Have a great cruise.

Yes it was a nice break for me-but I did not last too long-it is not like I need anything anyway- though I did need those ugly shoes as the heels are wearing down on the pair I have been wearing walking and it is too cold for my athelic shoes for walking and most of my boots though they look good are not good for my feet if I wear them for walking.

I do get stir crazy at times if I don't get out of the house for a little bit. So in spite of the crowds the shopping was nice. I was not brave enough to try out the mall though-it was bad enough at the 2 stores I went to.

Oh yes I was talking about those tan and blue slides in your first post-I can't wear anything like that any more. I only read your first post here-did not read any of Esther's.

Oh yes I was talking about those tan and blue slides in your first post-I can't wear anything like that any more. I only read your first post here-did not read any of Esther's.

ahhh...okay. sorry, misunderstood.

I love my new slides...can't wait to wear them in the spring!

Greatam,

Are you staying at the Ganesvoort Hotel? It's very cool! New Year's Eve there should be great. Are they having it on the roof top bar? You have to have a look at it - the views of the city from the surrounding veranda are just gorgeous.

You absolutely must go have a drink at Spice Market across the street. The place is awesome looking - upstairs and downstairs. Food is incredible but unless you have a pal there, forget about a resy for lunch or dinner.

Have breakfast or lunch at Markt on 14th and 9th or Pastsis on Little West 12th street.

You gonna be in midtown or near Grand Central at any point?

Happy New Year all!

Jane

!

Greatam,

Are you staying at the Ganesvoort Hotel? It's very cool! New Year's Eve there should be great. Are they having it on the roof top bar? You have to have a look at it - the views of the city from the surrounding veranda are just gorgeous. Jane

This is the package I booked.

Ring in 2006 with Hotel Gansevoort's rooftop New Year's Eve party, and stay over with our Goodbye '05 package. Valid December 31, 2005, this package offers everything you need to start the new year with a bang

Saturday night accommodation

Two tickets to the Hotel Gansevoort?s rooftop New Year's Eve party, featuring celebrity DJ Mighty Mi

Bottle of Moet & Chandon champagne, party favors and chocolate truffles at check-in

Morning Dog Hangover Tonic

Continental breakfast for two

Splish Splash - Our rooftop pool is "a must" for all serious New Year's Eve revelers.

For those that feel it is needed - Speedo has provided complimentary swimwear.

I have spent the last 25 years doing business on little west 14th and 12 st. That didn't sound very good, did it? Oh well, you know what I mean. LOL

Know most everyone down there. One of my oldest customers provides the meat for most of the restaurants down there. I have watched the neighborhood change. Used to be nothing but meat packing places and leather gay bars. Who would have thunk it?

As I posted, if I don't like the rooftop party (it may be a little too??? and DH may be on his way out the door-no speedos needed), we will probably wander up to our friends apt. Times Square area is as close to Midtown as we will be. Our plane to London leaves Jan 1 about 4:00PM.

Happy New Year-Will wave!!!!

Gina

Gina,

Sounds like a great party. The roof top pool will be open for New Year's Eve? Oh boy...sounds like million stories in the making!

Too bad you're here for such a short time or I'd suggest we hook up for a drink, but I think you're schedule is pretty tight.

BTW, had dinner at Per Se tonight. What an experience!

Happy New Year!

Jane

Red cocktail dress for the cruise @ Lord & Taylor- 20% off

BCBG heel- 15% off

New Kathy Bag- full price, but I had a gift card

Bebe tank top for the cruise

new VS undies for the cruise

still have to go tomorrow and get a new bathing suit for the cruise

Oh ladies....you are making it hard for me to convince myself to wait to go shoping after I get home. I got a pair of boots on sale before christmas that I got sent to the house and am trying to wait and look in the stores first before I go shopping online for the rest of my cruise outfits. Good job on all the sales!

Wow, y'all are buying such fun stuff! My main thing I had to get were bras, so I hit Foley's since they were having a great sale on them. I also got some, erm, "foundation" garments as well. :rolleyes: All of them were buy two, get one free by mail.

I did manage to get some jeans and a couple of sweaters, and had to talk myself out of some totally impractical yet gorgeous shoes that I wanted. :(

Yea!!!! My shoes came and they are prettier in person and better yet, they fit!!!! As far as comfort, they are just about as comfortable as they look--no marathons or mall crawling--but not just sit down shoes either. Love them!!!:) :)

Esther

• 2 weeks later...
Gina,

Sounds like a great party. The roof top pool will be open for New Year's Eve? Oh boy...sounds like million stories in the making!

Too bad you're here for such a short time or I'd suggest we hook up for a drink, but I think you're schedule is pretty tight.

BTW, had dinner at Per Se tonight. What an experience!

Happy New Year!

Jane

Just a quick note-the rooftop party was WAY over the top. DH was VERY uncomfortable. Changed our clothes and went to the streets.

Ended up in Times Square with all the rest of the idiots. I wore Levi's, a heavy sweater, leather jacket, boots and a hat. Not exactly fashion plus, but warm. Great fun walking around the city after midnight. Got back to the hotel about 2:30 and the party was still going strong. LOTS and LOTS of georgeous men. Spent the rest of the early morning talking to customers-half of them were open to restock the restaurants. At least is wasn't a wasted evening. Finally got to sleep about 7:00AM, only to be awake at noon. Oh, well, definitely NOT the worst New Year's Eve I have spent.

and had to talk myself out of some totally impractical yet gorgeous shoes that I wanted. :(

We could never shop together...I WILL NOT try to talk you out of impractical shoes...LOL!

Jane...Love your new slides. Great colors.

Found a boutique near the salon I go to...so did some "school" shopping.

A beautiful white silk blend blouse.

A pair of chocolate brown "gouchos".

My fave is a very flowy skirt (cotton and rayon I believe...too tired to go check) that is apple green on the top, then fades to light green just past the knees and is then a beautiful bright shade of tangerine. It has a little bit of beading around the body of the skirt, then the hemline is nearly entirely beaded. Thankfully it has been warm enough I may get to wear it this weekend :)

Also bought some very flowy tops with beading around the neckline and the hems of the bell sleeves. One in black and one in camel.

I'm looking for a couple of long necklaces...the layered ones with some shorter strands, then some which are quite long. If anyone spots any, let me know!

Happy shopping everyone!

~e

Gina,

I was wondering how your time here in NY was.

Did you get to any restaurants?

So what did you think of the roof top bar? Pretty wild! Did you see the swimming pool?

Jane

Lots and lots of gorgeous men who wouldn't look at you or I. Actually took a dip about 6:30AM, after spending a few hours schmoozing my customers. Had to try out my new, free Speedo. LOL There were only two hanger outers left. The entire party, when we left about 11:20PM was definitely "no speedos required".

No restaurants, but had a great time at the Strassburger party at 4:00AM. Just a little party for the crew at the premier meat house in NYC. Not exactly Per Se, but the catering was good and they all love me over there. They are my oldest customer.

We could never shop together...I WILL NOT try to talk you out of impractical shoes...LOL!

Jane...Love your new slides. Great colors.

Found a boutique near the salon I go to...so did some "school" shopping.

A beautiful white silk blend blouse.

A pair of chocolate brown "gouchos".

My fave is a very flowy skirt (cotton and rayon I believe...too tired to go check) that is apple green on the top, then fades to light green just past the knees and is then a beautiful bright shade of tangerine. It has a little bit of beading around the body of the skirt, then the hemline is nearly entirely beaded. Thankfully it has been warm enough I may get to wear it this weekend :)

Also bought some very flowy tops with beading around the neckline and the hems of the bell sleeves. One in black and one in camel.

I'm looking for a couple of long necklaces...the layered ones with some shorter strands, then some which are quite long. If anyone spots any, let me know!

Happy shopping everyone!

~e

Mrsred,

All your new things sound great! Enjoy!

I'm going to a place tomorrow that sells stones for jewelry and I'm going to make myself a couple of necklaces. This place has the gorgeous big semi-precious stones (jade, rose quartz, etc) that are used in the pieces I see in places like Sak's & Neimans for $500. Should cost me about $50. to make something smashing!

Jane

Lots and lots of gorgeous men who wouldn't look at you or I. Actually took a dip about 6:30AM, after spending a few hours schmoozing my customers. Had to try out my new, free Speedo. LOL There were only two hanger outers left. The entire party, when we left about 11:20PM was definitely "no speedos required".

No restaurants, but had a great time at the Strassburger party at 4:00AM. Just a little party for the crew at the premier meat house in NYC. Not exactly Per Se, but the catering was good and they all love me over there. They are my oldest customer.

Where was the party...Old Homestead? I bet it was terrific. Must be wild for you to see how the nabe has changed. When I moved into my first apt right after college I was on 21st betw. 9th & 10th and used to have breakfast at the corner coffee shop on 14th and 9th. The walk from my apt to the coffee shop was like walking through an abandoned mine field! The times they are a changin'!

Have you been to Crispo? Nice, casual italian place on 14th betw. 7th & 8th.

Went to Del Posto the other night. They a customer of yours?

Sounds like you had a good time. We stayed in for the first time this New Year's Eve. I got us lobster, caviar, pate, salmon mousse and of course, champagne. Just before midnight we went to the roof of our building. Even though we were up 36 stories, we couldn't see Times Square, however, we could hear all the noise from there.

How was the cruise?

Jane

Mrsred,

All your new things sound great! Enjoy!

I'm going to a place tomorrow that sells stones for jewelry and I'm going to make myself a couple of necklaces. This place has the gorgeous big semi-precious stones (jade, rose quartz, etc) that are used in the pieces I see in places like Sak's & Neimans for $500. Should cost me about $50. to make something smashing!

Jane

That sounds wonderful!!! They wouldn't happen to have anything on-line would they?

A girl can always hope.

I can't wait to hear how they turn out...I'm sure they'll be great.

The one I really liked was at NM's for $700. That's just too steep for such a trendy item.

I'm considering making a few necklaces. I still have contact with some of my old suppliers when I made more jewelry...but classes start next Wednesday and I am working on 4 new paintings for some juried shows this spring.

Maybe I'll have a bout of insomnia this weekend and get everything done :rolleyes:

~e

I decided to brave the crowds today - but only because I was in State College, PA and a crowded day at the Nittany Mall is comparable to a deserted day at King of Prussia Mall! ;)

I was at King of Prussia Mall the day you wrote this....

Man, that mall was hit hard for Christmas. I was planning on doing some serious after-christmas shopping, but most of the stores were really picked over and it was very crowded the 4 days I spent shopping.

Also hit the QVC outlet.

Here are some of my finds... the pumps are in brown, pumas are black/white (found at Nordstroms), cardigan in tan (Ann Taylor), I also purchased a pair of black slingback pumps (no picture available) plus I bought several new pants and make-up.

Silver Anniv - you were right in my backyard! KoP is always a zoo between Thanksgiving and about 3 weeks into January. I was just there last night and picked up some deals at Yankee Candle and Body Shop. I like those Pumas - where did you get them? Hope you enjoyed "my mall"! ;)

I bought the pumas at Nordstrom's; Macy's had them also, but was out of my size. Went over to Neiman-Marcus and they had them also. (same price at all places)

I LOVE, LOVE, KoP! Go there every time I'm in Philly. I've in the past, hit it the day after Thanksgiving, but that was mostly for fun because the crowds are a hoot. My sister lives in the Valley Forge area, I try to visit often, but it's an 8-hr drive from Columbus. My Christmas present from DH was a plane ticket (and some cash) to see my sister and go shopping.

OT - Went downtown to see the play "Menopause the Musical" absolutely the funniest thing I've ever seen. Very well done.

Kim

That sounds wonderful!!! They wouldn't happen to have anything on-line would they?

A girl can always hope.

I can't wait to hear how they turn out...I'm sure they'll be great.

The one I really liked was at NM's for $700. That's just too steep for such a trendy item.

I'm considering making a few necklaces. I still have contact with some of my old suppliers when I made more jewelry...but classes start next Wednesday and I am working on 4 new paintings for some juried shows this spring.

Maybe I'll have a bout of insomnia this weekend and get everything done :rolleyes:

~e

You're in luck! They DO sell online! www.phoenixbeads.com

I didn't buy anything today. I went in, spent an hour looking and was totally overwhelmed by all the merchandise. I have to spend some time figuring out what I want to make......at least a color.....and then hone in on the stones and how I want to arrange them.

Good luck with your paintings!

Jane

You're in luck! They DO sell online! www.phoenixbeads.com

I didn't buy anything today. I went in, spent an hour looking and was totally overwhelmed by all the merchandise. I have to spend some time figuring out what I want to make......at least a color.....and then hone in on the stones and how I want to arrange them.

Good luck with your paintings!

Jane

Thank you so much for the website!

I was wondering if you had bought any today.

Bet you could spend hours in there looking around!

Can't wait to peruse their site and see what I can come up with.

Have fun and let me know what you decide on.

...and thanks for the well wishes!

~e

Archived