Post Xmas Sales - What did you buy?

Jane110

Santa and I went shopping today and here's what he bought me:

And they were marked down by another 40%!!!!! :)

The photo really doesn't do them justice. They're really pretty and the crystal on the horse-bit really sparkles. They're going to look great with a pair of boot leg jeans for this spring or for evening with a pair of cognac colored silk wide-legged pants.

Been wearing them around the house on carpet to make sure they're comfortable....and they are, extremely so! (I won't compromise on that) I'll be able to walk miles in them!

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod3660022&parentId=cat221310&masterId=cat211150&index=6&cmCat=Home2

I also got a pair of Dolce & Gabanna green snakeskin sandals w/ gold snake kitten heel for the spring that were a huge markdown too! (can't find a link. but dh thinks they're very sexy).

Anyone else hit the post Xmas sales yet?

Jane

I treated myself today to a new Kodak 4.0 digital camera. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow and see about some clothes. It is too crazy out there on boxing day.

I definitely don't need anything new for my cruise. I keep buying stuff and there's no way I could possibly wear it all (or take it with me) on our cruise.

I could use some new jeans so I will look for them tomorrow.

Happy shopping.

Great shoes, Jane! The D&G sandals sound lovely as well.

I decided to brave the crowds today - but only because I was in State College, PA and a crowded day at the Nittany Mall is comparable to a deserted day at King of Prussia Mall! ;)

Thanks to the limited shopping available, I only picked up the basics - 2 pairs of trousers, 2 sweaters, 1 cardigan and 1 pair of earrings. I attempted to do some boot shopping, but DH lost patience - guess it is for the best as I can get better quality and selection here in KofP!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Those are really cute shoes Jane, but walking "miles" in them would be impossible for me!! I need a more sturdy heel. Enjoy! :)

Thanks. Well, I'm not saying that I"d wear them for a 3 mile hike. LOL!However, I can wear them all day as I go through the day where I do walk alot but also take buses, taxi's, etc and not come home with aching feet.

Andee,

I'm jealous. I'd rather be on the ski slopes too. DH is not a skiier and I haven't been skiing in 15 years. Sounds like a great day!

Pennstater,

You sure did some "damage"! Hope you get some boots too!

Jane

My "me" shopping was before the holiday. I was in Kohl's and found an all silk black base sweater orig. $40, marked down to $24 plus an extra 30% off PLUS 15% off for using my Kohl's cc. Totat w/ tax $15.75.

Wore it w/ black pants Christmas day and had great compliment from DD. Also, I am planing a land trip to Vienna in early May (air luggage limits). This will go w/ all my pant suits for that trip if I need to layer.

What I did buy 12/26 was a bunch of stocking stuffers for next year for my kids and DGD. Also, some Chritmas towels (kitchen and bath guest) and a menorah for youngest DD for this year. All were at least 50% off. Spent a TOTAL of just under $35.

I did so much pre-Christmas damage to the credit cards, I'm swearing off shopping for a while (yeah, I know, I've said that before!). However, DD doesn't want to keep a few things I got her, so we'll be off to the mall today. I'm not looking forward to the crowds!

The week before Christmas I bought a new black microfiber coat, a little more on the dressy side for evenings, plus I wanted a longer length. I don't remember the brand, but it's water resistant with a zip out lining. Now, if it will only get cold enough here in California to actually wear it!

I've already mentioned my new shoes in another post, they're Sofft brand, a clog (or mule, what's the difference, Jane?) black, with leather on the top and suede on the sides, I love, love, love them, great with jeans.

A couple of days before Christmas I found a wonderful champagne colored sweater with a metallic tone crocheted placket and cuffs, pearlized buttons and a bit of sparkly dragonflies embroidered at the shoulders. It was perfect with a pair of nice brown microfiber slacks I already had, just dressy enough for Christmas Eve at home and comfy, too! I think it will be perfect for a casual night on a cool weather cruise, too!

We went to Kohl's and they had a lot of pretty dressy outfits marked down 60%. My daughter and sil are going out Thursday for their 4th anniversary and she had nothing to wear. She just had a baby 7 weeks ago and while she looks great, nothing fits. Maternity stuff too big and other clothes too small. She is nursing so none of her tops fit!:D .

She got the cutest black top and sweater for under 30.00.

Mom and I had to run errands on the 23rd and got our fill of shopping then. I know...I didn't think it was possible but Wal-mart was a zoo and we were so sure we were going to witness a car accident. Plus, Mom had to work yesterday and I so didn't feel like facing the post-Christmas crowds. At night, last night and tonight, we've had or will have get togethers with family and we're leaving Saturday (YAY!) for Tampa so we still have a little bit of last minute packing to do. Mainly putting my formal dress in and switching my carry on bag and buying a few last-minute things.

So I didn't get anything in post-Christmas sales, but I did get a pair of black cowboy boots for Christmas (gee how did Santa know?) that I love love love!

I didn't go shopping for anything POST Christmas...I was bad enough PRE Christmas!! I discovered that my dress I was planning to wear in Tampa for New Years Eve (our pre-cruise stay!) didn't fit :mad: (it was really close when I bought it...) so had to do some quick shopping last Friday! I found a pretty pair of black dress pants...they have silver and lavendar pinstripes and I bought a pretty 'flowy' lavender top to go with it. It looks great with the amethyst earrings and necklace that my husband bought me for Christmas. It's not as dressy as I had originally planned, but it looks really good on me, it's comfortable and the top is something really different and more FUN than something I would normally wear, so I am very happy with my outfit...sorry to ramble a little off topic...:rolleyes:

I wanted to go shopping but I lost/misplaced an emerald that I was going to have mounted so while looking through everything I realized that I don't need another anything. I told my DH that if I started to even think about buying something to tie me down.

I still haven't found the emerald; it's in a little velvet bag in a clear box so it should be easy to spot. I am sick from not being able to remember where I put it to be "safe". Here's the kicker I had it appraised but didn't have a chance to include it to my home owners policy. It is worth way too much to misplace. But on the bright side all my drawers are neat and organized. :p

j~

I really didn't need another thing either but my Santa bought me a beautiful gold metallic sweater and an eternity ring both of which which I am going to wear on our 2/22 cruise out of NYC. Thought the sweater would work on the first night when it was still cold with dressy slacks.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/8799529/c/385.html

http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=18734

A store named Foley's is going out of business--they are being bought out by Macy's. I had to return a Lenox Christmas plate and another item, so I had $108.25 in store credit. Plus a coupon for 15% off any sale item. Plus a coupon for $10 offany purchase over $25.

The purse was marked 30% off: from $210 to $147. With all the discounts and store credit, I ended up paying less than $20 of my own money! Pretty nice for an everyday purse!

I bought a Ralph Lauren sweater original price was $69 for $25. I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Two weeks ago it was $48 and yesterday I got it for $25. I also bought a Donna Karen shirt that was $59 for $22 and another one that was $34 for $20. I bought them at Macy's. I received a $200 gift card for Christmas. I have to go back for more sales at the end of the week.

Wow! Everyone's getting such great deals. Good going shoppers!:)

CaviarGirl - good luck finding those Donald Pliners. BTW, did you check Zappos? They carry them. Also saks.com and lordandtaylor.com

HappyK's - Clogs and mules both have closed fronts and open backs. I think the difference really is in our perception where a clog is generally considered a more casual shoe and can be heavy or clunky (historically refers to the wooden bottoms/ leather top shoes) where a mule is usually more delicate. If I'm thinking of a delicate evening shoe, I'd call it a mule. If it's heavier, I'd probably call it a clog. When I think of the type that Nike-air makes, I'll use the term "slide". But that's me and the vernacular that my circle of friend's uses - doesn't make it right or official. Just easier for us to communicate to each other.

Happy Holiday's.

Jane

I went shopping yesterday to Macy's and bought a pair of black formal shoes for $27. They were originally $110, marked down to $85, then to $55, and I got them for $27. I also bought a black guess jacket originally $59 for $22. I also bought a shirt that was $34 for $17.

I also bought a pair of Donna Karen jeans which were not on sale for $58 and a Guess denim mini skirt for $69.

Just bought a pair of Beverly Feldman green straw shoes (don't know how to attach photo) from Zappos. Originally $273.95, on sale for $66.95. I sure hope they fit and feel comfortable. Can't hit the stores yet because I have a bum ankle, but as soon as it heals, watch out!!!!

Esther

Esther,

Are these the shoes? They're very cute.

Jane

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2973287/c/32963.html

Jane

yes, that's them. I've tried to copy by cutting, etc., but I guess I'm just too thick to figure it out. Thanks for posting the photo. They should be here in a couple of hours, so I'm anxious to see them and see how they fit.

Esther

Esther,

Are these the shoes? They're very cute.

Jane

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2973287/c/32963.html

Jane

yes, that's them. I've tried to copy by cutting, etc., but I guess I'm just too thick to figure it out. Thanks for posting the photo. They should be here in a couple of hours, so I'm anxious to see them and see how they fit.

Esther

Esther, you can either link the page, or the picture by right-clicking on the address bar or picture, select "copy", then come back here and in your post right-click again, then select "paste".

I probably should have linked the page, that picture is huge!

Archived