Princess EZ Air Warning

On 3/9/2018 at 8:05 AM, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

For a 15 day land/sea cruise in Alaska this coming June, I booked EZ Air flights last fall, monitored them daily, re-booked twice for lower fares, then continued to watch the flights checking on them daily for further reductions. No further reductions showed up, and nothing changed on the flight portion of my personalizer on Princess—all flights remained the same. However, “something” made me plug my locator number into the DELTA website, and that’s when everything blew up. The flight to Alaska was now an hour earlier with a longer layover, but the worst part was that our return flights were no longer in synch. The flights all over lapped and did not line up at all. There were red exclamation marks all over the page and notices to contact Delta immediately. I did that, but was told since the flights were not yet ticketed, I needed to contact Princess/EZ Air. It took well over an hour on the phone with Princess and resulted in very satisfactory flights. However….

Two items of note here:

#1 I’m not sure what would have happened if I had not had the “feeling” to plug my reservation into the Delta website. The problem likely would have come to light at final payment, and then I’m sure it would have been much more difficult to find flights similar to the ones I had booked last fall

#2 When I asked what I could/should do to avoid something like this happening again, she said it seemed to her to be quite a fluke, but to be certain of your flights —since the airlines can and do change/cancel flights all the time—occasionally checking your reservation on the airlines’ website is good advice.

Finally, If Princess is indeed reading these boards—kudos to Ophelia, the Princess rep who worked so very hard for me to resolve this issue. Thank you Princess and Ophelia!

Edited by JoRoy218

Would the TSA agents have even noticed the misspelling of the OP's name? Personally, based on the number of people that I've seen show up with passports that haven't even been signed, I'd doubt it. Some of them have even been almost ready to expire and have never been signed. I suspect that the vast majority of them look only at the photos to see if they match the face of the person standing in front of them. Not talking them down as they've got a hectic, but important, job but one that can get tedious. That's especially true with what's going on. In the end, would I have done the same as the OP? I don't know. I've had my last name misspelled so many times I've lost count.

Tom

EZAir used for trip to Europe.  Our flight got changed after we were on the plane, and there were 6 of us (unrelated) on the flight to board a Princess cruise ship in Copenhagen.  We were immediately booked on another flight.  They were figuring out the flight as we got off the plane.  Then on top of getting us on another direct flight later that day, Alaska also comped us $200 on a future flight.  We were very happy.  I and believe it was because we booked through Princess.