Amazing Race Cozumel

newxmascruiser

Hi All

I appreciate there are lots of threads which mention this excursion and I have tried trawlling through but can’t find the info I need so wondered if anyone can help please

We have booked this for an upcoming trip - we are in port 8am - 6pm.

Amazing race have confirmed the meet time as 12.15 (local time) I *think* the ship will be 1 hr behind (meaning departure 5pm local time and likely 4pm/4.30pm all aboard local time)

I absolutely may be wrong here, but all that considered it seems too tight - anyone have any experience?

Thank you

Hi All

I appreciate there are lots of threads which mention this excursion and I have tried trawlling through but can’t find the info I need so wondered if anyone can help please

We have booked this for an upcoming trip - we are in port 8am - 6pm.

Amazing race have confirmed the meet time as 12.15 (local time) I *think* the ship will be 1 hr behind (meaning departure 5pm local time and likely 4pm/4.30pm all aboard local time)

I absolutely may be wrong here, but all that considered it seems too tight - anyone have any experience?

Thank you

When are you sailing and where from?

Did you book through ship or independently?

Sailing on Allure from FLL

I am sorry I don’t have personal experience but assuming you are traveling between March 11 and November 4th you will be in Daylight savings time in US. Florida will be on EDT but Cozumel will be EST year round so if ship remains on Florida time then, YES, ship time will be 1 hour ahead.

From Allure you will presumably need to factor in time to get to and from, start/finish point in town, $10 taxi ride plus time to and from town.

The tour is supposed to be 3 hours according to website but it also says it normally starts 11.45 local time. Seems like IF it all goes to time you will have time but I think it could be close. It says they usually do two tours a day but if it is summer they may cut back due to less ships.

MY concerns would be, from what I have heard previously restaurant where it finishes is not in main tourist area so you would need to be sure there would be a taxi waiting. When Allure is in port the lines to check back on the ships can be very long at peak time since security is done port-side, (not on the ship) especially if there are other ships in port at International. Security may become more stringent with recent problems in Cozumel/Playa.

The tour has been running for a number of years and used to be offered through Royal so I am sure they could answer any specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this but booked direct with the cruise line. It was awesome. Times posted are usually local time. The excursion included transportation back to ship as end was not close to ship. When we did it was only 2 & !/2 hours long.

Thanks all for the input.

we will go with it and if we need to skip off early we will do.

I emailed the tour company directly and they said no worries we would be fine for time, so all good I think!

I would prefer if it were an excursion royal offered so I could be sure but hey ho!