Alaska Cruisetour Question

WisCruiser2

We're doing an "Off the Beaten Path" cruisetour at the end of May, involving bussing from Anchorage to Copper River, then Copper River to Fairbanks. I'm guessing there will be a stop for lunch somewhere on both of these legs -- can anyone who's done this trip in the past couple years give me a ballpark figure to budget for these days? Also, we bus from the McKinley Lodge to Whittier, with a stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Is there also a lunch stop that day, or do you just have to wait until boarding the ship? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much cash I need to plan on for the land portion.

It is about a 3.5 hour drive from the McKinley Lodge to the Wildlife Center. Unless you are departing the lodge at breakfast time there could be a lunch-on-your-own stop in Anchorage on the way. From what I have read on here most pre-cruise land tours do not arrive at the ship in Whittier until near dinnertime, just in time for the muster drill.

To be safe I would budget between 2 to 2.5 times the amount you normally spend at a fast-casual restaurant for each meal. Or just use credit cards--no foreign transaction fees in Alaska. ;)At least I hope not--I'll be in Anchorage for three days in May on my own between a two ship B2B.

On our cruise tour, we went from Anchorage to the ship with a stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. There was not a stop for lunch along the way. We boarded the ship around 1:30 and ate at the International Café. I took along several prepackaged snacks--granola bars, dried fruits, nuts, etc. We used them throughout our cruise tour when we needed a little something to eat.

It is about a 3.5 hour drive from the McKinley Lodge to the Wildlife Center. Unless you are departing the lodge at breakfast time there could be a lunch-on-your-own stop in Anchorage on the way. From what I have read on here most pre-cruise land tours do not arrive at the ship in Whittier until near dinnertime, just in time for the muster drill.

To be safe I would budget between 2 to 2.5 times the amount you normally spend at a fast-casual restaurant for each meal. Or just use credit cards--no foreign transaction fees in Alaska. ;)At least I hope not--I'll be in Anchorage for three days in May on my own between a two ship B2B.

Thanks - our info says the "tour" from McKinley to Whittier is about 7 hours, including the time at the Wildlife Center. So I'm guessing we may have a lunch stop in Anchorage, as we're "scheduled" to reach the ship around 3:00.