How early to be at Arlanda Airport?

DH and I are taking a Baltic cruise at the end of August. Our flight will be 6 AM out of Stockholm the day after disembarking, so we are staying at the hotel right in the airport (Arlanda). We will be flying Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then on to Atlanta. I know that it is usually suggested that passengers arrive at the airport 3 hours before an international flight.

Since it will be very early and we will be right there, is the three hours necessary? If not, will someone who knows this airport give us a suggested timeline?

I have often being flying in and out of Arlanda - The Lufthansa check-in is done by SAS and the 6:05 service ARN - FRA is also operated by SAS (SK3611).

- latest check-in of luggage is 40 minutes prior to departure for flights to Frankfurt (not really considered international). Passport check is done in Frankfurt.

Personally I would be at the airport a little bit more than an hour before departure . Since you plan to stay at airport hotel (highly recommended to avoid risk of delay in traffic ) you should be safe. I'll recommend to check in using mobile check in the day before.

Thank you so much!

We have a 2 hour layover in Frankfurt- should that be enough for the passport check and to get to our gate ( it will still be Lufthansa)?

Yes, i have passed through FRA several times with less transfer time. As long as both legs are at the same booking you’ll be safe. In case of any delays from ARN Lufthansa will take care of rerouting.

Enjoy you cruise and travel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums