Seaside Teppanyaki - Black Card - Yes, No or ???

Formula280SS

Just saw this post today.

Bea ... Interesting that you should mention Tepanyaki because I had a response from Mr S at MSC last week on this very issue, his reply was that he had heard back from the Head Office who told him that you can use your Black card meal at Tepanyaki if you choose to do so. I will be making sure that the Hostess is aware when we go to book in April, if they refuse then the Food and Beverages manager/director will be requested to ask why he is countermanding what the Head office say.

With regard to the Black card maybe you might be right.

Trina ... Good to hear you are enjoying your cruise like may thousands of others have done.

Last week on our 1st of a B2B, we used the Black Card meal benefit for (1) NON-DINING EXPERIENCE ($35) AND (2) NON-TEPPANYAKI EXPERIENCES (Katana $25, Sencho $30 and Shogun $55) on Fotomaki Sushi Roll, Asian Chicken Wings, Steam Bun Pork Butt, and minor sides and teas. The waiter said NO, we asked for the Manager, he said YES.

:D

So, after seeing the above post, just went down to the restaurant and the same reservation manager. She said NO you CANNOT USE YOUR BLACK CARD BENEFIT for ANYTHING OTHER THAN A (1) DINING EXPERIENCE. Specifically, YOU CANNOT USE IT FOR (2) TEPPANYAKI (which have TWO EXPERIENCES "LE$$ THAN THE (1) DINING EXPERIENCE ($35), and NO for the Shogun EVEN IF YOU WANTED TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE.

You've gotta love it. :o

100% no. Was just there last week. I think because they offer different dinner packages at Teppanyaki. Friends used in French Bistro which surprised me however.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, just so you know my point, TWO of the "Teppanyaki dinner packages" are LESS than the non-Teppanyaki "Dining Experience" (and there was the offer to pay the $20 differential for the Shogun Wagyu).

Thanks for the reply. We're going to give it a try with the RM who is not there right now. They take if, fine, if not fine. NABD $. Just hilarious policies.

Yep, just so you know my point, TWO of the "Teppanyaki dinner packages" are LESS than the non-Teppanyaki "Dining Experience" (and there was the offer to pay the $20 differential for the Shogun Wagyu).

Thanks for the reply. We're going to give it a try with the RM who is not there right now. They take if, fine, if not fine. NABD $. Just hilarious policies.

It was awesome. Went for lunch. Great time and great food

Formula ... If I could send you the email to show them I would do, however I intend to send your response to the person my reply was from for him to forward to their head office and hopefully some heads will roll somewhere.

Formula ... If I could send you the email to show them I would do, however I intend to send your response to the person my reply was from for him to forward to their head office and hopefully some heads will roll somewhere.

That's nice.

Thanks.

It$ not really a big issue for us, but I continue to be amazed across all lines of the hospitality, restaurant and related industry companies that 'just don't get it. BC members, one would think, would spend more, more often, then not, if they tasted and enjoyed Roys (it is really, really good). To start the conversation with your BC benefit is 'limited is, in the real world, simply 'fishy.

Formula ... Here is the response feel free to show it to whoever you need to because this is something that needs sorting out. contact name removed. I have sent your post to the contact and asked that a response be given by a senior executive in order to get a real decision on this issue.

Hi Dave

i have received an update from my colleagues with reference to your Black card benefits.

I have been informed that guests will be entitled to their complimentary speciality restaurant and there is no such limitation where you cannot use this benefit.

Therefore, you can use this towards the Tepanyaki restaurant should you choose to do so,

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

Direct Sales Executive

MSC Cruises Ltd

Edited by sidari

This is the response so far!

Hi Dave

This is certainly confusing with what has been happening on Seaside.

As far as we are concerned, you should be entitled to use your benefits of the speciality restaurant in any of the speciality restaurants (once per couple). There is nothing to say from what my colleagues are stating that you cannot use this in the Tepanyaki restaurant although as stated before these benefits as i have been advised are as per the menu.

Kind regards

This is the response so far!

Hi Dave

This is certainly confusing with what has been happening on Seaside.

As far as we are concerned, you should be entitled to use your benefits of the speciality restaurant in any of the speciality restaurants (once per couple). There is nothing to say from what my colleagues are stating that you cannot use this in the Tepanyaki restaurant although as stated before these benefits as i have been advised are as per the menu.

Kind regards

When we set foot on the ship and asked about the black card complementary dinner they said you can use it on any restaurant besides teppanyaki. I just asked about dinner and not specifically about teppanyaki. That came from the YC concierge. We had dinner at Teppanyaki (and paid for it) and also had our complimentary dinner at Butcher’a cut.

Ifernbol ... It appears that this is a Seaside only policy at the minute, I have asked that this issue be pushed to the Senior Executives at MSC because it requires sorting out, recently people on Divina have claimed they received 2 meals yet here we have a decision made locally that appears to be against MSC policy.

When and if I receive a response it will be posted here.

MSC really do seem to have made a mess with this on Seaside, you have land based offices asking their HQ for the answer and that is that the meal can be used at any restaurant but it appears someone on Seaside or at the USA office have taken a decision that it is not included.

Sounds like someone needs a swift kick up the backside.

Tepanyaki ... Finally received the answer regarding the Black card and this meal.

Dear Dave

Thank you for your email

I have been in contact with the person who runs the speciality dining program for our ships and they have confirmed to me that the Tepanyaki restaurant on-board MSC Seaside is indeed unfortunately excluded from the Black card benefit of the complimentary speciality dining due to very limited seating available in this restaurant.

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Regards