Just off Jade... a couple of topical insights

Notnewtoit

So if you book the Haven do you pay anything extra? I know drinks cost extra; but anything that I would expect to be included which is not? Thanks

The obvious one is that Butlers are apparently NOT included in the (pre-)paid service charge...

The obvious one is that Butlers are apparently NOT included in the (pre-)paid service charge...

Much Thanks; what about the concierge? are they included in tips or you tip them like you do the butler?

Much Thanks; what about the concierge? are they included in tips or you tip them like you do the butler?

They aren't included either so it is down to your discretion. There is much debate here about tipping butlers and concierge and everyone has an opinion that is valid from their perspective. I got off Jade 2 weeks ago having seen my cabin butler once for <60 seconds on the day we embarked and never again for the entire cruise. Me, I tip when someone does something 'above and beyond' that warrants an acknowledgment, some folks take a more USAID approach to it.

• 2 weeks later...
They aren't included either so it is down to your discretion. There is much debate here about tipping butlers and concierge and everyone has an opinion that is valid from their perspective. I got off Jade 2 weeks ago having seen my cabin butler once for <60 seconds on the day we embarked and never again for the entire cruise. Me, I tip when someone does something 'above and beyond' that warrants an acknowledgment, some folks take a more USAID approach to it.

Thank you for your feedback with the tip situation