Mid Ship Cove Balconies: do they get sea spray?

tomsuelaw

Hello again CC friends! It has been a while but I am back and we are booked on the Dream in a midship cove #2333. Previously we had a more forward cove (under shore excursion desk) and had an issue with the balcony being wet and getting sea spray most days. We loved the cove but could do without the wetness this time for sure.

Our current room is right under the Crimson DR and hoping to have a dryer time. Anyone else have any experience with a midship cove? Also, how is the norse under the DR (not under galley) ;)

Thanks!

We had that exact cabin but on the her sister, Magic. Still gets sea spray, lots of salt on the railing each day...love the covers though, still my favorite cabin. Quiet room too, never noticed any noise from above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had that exact cabin but on the her sister, Magic. Still gets sea spray, lots of salt on the railing each day...love the covers though, still my favorite cabin. Quiet room too, never noticed any noise from above.

Thanks so much for the reply! Was the sea spray constant or just occasional? With the more FWD cove, there were a few days we couldn't even go out there without getting wet. Were you still able to sit out there and enjoy it?

Thanks also for the noise report! Glad to hear we shouldn't be hearing much ;)

Hello again CC friends! It has been a while but I am back and we are booked on the Dream in a midship cove #2333. Previously we had a more forward cove (under shore excursion desk) and had an issue with the balcony being wet and getting sea spray most days. We loved the cove but could do without the wetness this time for sure.

Our current room is right under the Crimson DR and hoping to have a dryer time. Anyone else have any experience with a midship cove? Also, how is the norse under the DR (not under galley) ;)

Thanks!

Cove balconies are the worst.

Thanks so much for the reply! Was the sea spray constant or just occasional? With the more FWD cove, there were a few days we couldn't even go out there without getting wet. Were you still able to sit out there and enjoy it?

Thanks also for the noise report! Glad to hear we shouldn't be hearing much ;)

Didn’t really notice a lot of spray when sitting out there, just every time I went out was a lot of salt on the railing. This was our second cove and I didn’t remember it being as much the first time we had one.

Definitely enjoyable though to sit out there, just had to wipe it down if you wanted to lean lean on the balcony to watch the water.

Didn't care for the cove balcony when we had one.

It always seemed to be wet, and had to wipe everything down each time we went out there.

My 13 year old son at the time, asked me to never get one again, as he didn't like the dampness all the time :D