Art Auctions on Lirica!!!

antcyd

Just got home today from the Dec 17th 11day Xmas sailing on the Lirica, dont have time to write a detailed review at the moment and not sure I want to risk getting "flamed" by some negatives I may state however,

just a little FYI to those of you opposed to some changes to the more "American" type of cruising. This sailing did have the "Carnival cruise" style Art auctions, the drink prices that were so inexpensive last year on the Opera sailing I was on have now at least doubled and I think are very high priced(higher than RCCL and Celebrity actually) and the photographers and bar staff are much pushier than they were last year. Just wanted to pass on that info.

Cindee

Just got home today from the Dec 17th 11day Xmas sailing on the Lirica, dont have time to write a detailed review at the moment and not sure I want to risk getting "flamed" by some negatives I may state however,

just a little FYI to those of you opposed to some changes to the more "American" type of cruising. This sailing did have the "Carnival cruise" style Art auctions, the drink prices that were so inexpensive last year on the Opera sailing I was on have now at least doubled and I think are very high priced(higher than RCCL and Celebrity actually) and the photographers and bar staff are much pushier than they were last year. Just wanted to pass on that info.

Cindee

Very sad to hear. If this is what MSC Cruises is to become by being "Americanized", then I no longer have the desire to sail them.

Thanks for the info and don't worry about getting flamed. Just tell it like it is.

Ernie

Hey Cindee

Welcome back!!! I look forward to hearing your comments about this cruise..

When you do post, please let us know if there are a large number of Italians on staff, and your honest opinions about the food - and last but not least - were there any Aperol sightings. An aunt of mine brought a bottle back from Italy, and we have been carefully rationing it out over the last couple of days.

Many Thanks RD

All we can ask for is the experience that you had and your opinion. No one should flame you as that is what you experienced and it is your opinion. Very anxious to hear about the cruise in detail. Please try to be specific when you post. Some people just say everything was excellent or everything was bad. That is not a true evaluation as nothing is always excellent or bad. There are both good and bad experiences. This is a real world.

Welcome back.

Hey Cindee (and Tony too!!)

Finally got home tonight to a flood of e-mails (and no other "flood")

an "exciting" flight home... Alex was sitting next to a nut-job who almost got Mike carted off by FBI... long story.

Wanted to add my 2cents... about photos. Found them to be a bit higher priced than comparable recent RCCL cruises. Though this time around had some to pick from. They took a picture of Libby that they printed up in a huge print of Libby that on the last night I had the "nerve" to ask if they could print it up in 8X10... yes... had to wait several hours (made Mike a bit late for the show) and cost $20. For those interested in purchasing pictures... group them together. We went back to photo gallery on last day before breakfast and the guy there wanted to "strike a deal" at first told Mike to "take them all" but Mike said he wanted to pay for them (my crazy dh). So he bought another 8x10 for $20 was then sold another for $10. Probably could have gotten a few more for less but Mike isn't into haggling.. Libby could have done better.

Now have a ton of laundry and stuff to take care of.

Hope you and Tony have a wonderful New Year.

Regards,

Carolyn

Archived