Small personal fan Allowed?

catera

sorry, I posted this last night and posted it to the wrong forum.

I have a small personal fan that I need to sleep with nightly. Battery operated one is not strong enough so that’s not an option. I had one taken away at the port from my carry on. I finally got it brought to my stateroom after about 2 hours of pure torture and crying and 1 hour at guest relations. Just wandering if I am going to have any trouble on a Royal ship in May.

RCI stopped providing fans a couple of years ago. I do bring a small portable fan, because I also have a difficult time sleeping without one. I packed it in my carry on the first time, so it wouldn’t hold up my large luggage from being delivered if it wasn’t allowed. Since then I’ve always packed it in my checked bag. I’ve never had an issue.

I have kept mine on the last three cruises with extension cord, no surge protector. My luggage was pulled for something else that wasn’t even in there. It was bizarre. Anyway the security and maintenance guys said as long as it is less than 8 inches in diameter.

I have kept mine on the last three cruises with extension cord, no surge protector. My luggage was pulled for something else that wasn’t even in there. It was bizarre. Anyway the security and maintenance guys said as long as it is less than 8 inches in diameter.

That’s good to know, thanks! It means I can upgrade to a slightly larger fan! :D

I always pack a small 110 volt travel fan for cruising. Very helpful when returning from an afternoon excursion to find your cabin is on the sunny side of the ship and the attendant left the drapes open - even after placing a note there to leave them closed.

Also helpfull when rinsing doing some in-cabin laundry on longer voyages.

Mainly helpful because the in-cabin thermostat is not really connected to anything.

Since last September I've taken my 8 inch fan on Enchantment, Allure, Empress and Freedom. The only problem I've had was on Freedom. I dropped it on the floor while packing at the end of the cruise and broke off one of the feet. It actually gave me an excuse to leave it behind because it was very old.

RCI stopped providing fans a couple of years ago. I do bring a small portable fan, because I also have a difficult time sleeping without one. I packed it in my carry on the first time, so it wouldn’t hold up my large luggage from being delivered if it wasn’t allowed. Since then I’ve always packed it in my checked bag. I’ve never had an issue.

We just got off Freedom three weeks ago. We booked three rooms and two of us asked for a fan. We both got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums