SILHOUETTE PENTHOUSE general questions/butler

JEDIKNIGHT

Hello Everyone.....

Going to to Silhouette Penthouse later this week out of Fort Lauderdale.

1st time on this ship or any S-Class so wondering if there's any general comments re Silhouette and PH? Also, anyone familiar with who the PH Butlers are these days and how they are?

Do they still do room service dinner, course by course?

Thanks

Whilst I cannot comment on butlers currently on Silhouette, I can tell you that you are going to have a wonderful cruise.

There are positives to the M-class PHs such as the full-sized fridge-freezer and huge balcony, I much prefer the S-class PH. The flow is much, much better (whoever does the organising in you party will really notice this) and there is so much light. My husband absolutely loves the main bathroom, especially the shower. I prefer smaller showers and bathrooms (yes, I know I am odd) but the guest bathroom is fantastic and I am still very well served. The bedroom and living space feels larger on the S-class ships but this may be simply that they are so much lighter.

I also much prefer the S-class ships over the M-class. I found it hard to nail exactly why I preferred them until I was sitting next to the Captain at dinner and asked him. He just explained that the M-class were built in France, the S-class in Germany. You would chose the French for food and wine but Germans for engineering. I then realised that everything works so much better. On an M-class ship you time your approach to the automatic doors to match the timing of the door. On S-class ships the door opens perfectly t just the right time.

Have a great cruise. We shall be in a Silhouette PH for Christmas and the New Year. It will be our first time on her.

We cruise mainly RS with an occasional splurge in a PH!

Whilst we haven’t cruised in Silhouette’s PH we have cruised in Eclipse’s.

The decadence of light and space in the PH suite really is stunning! Whilst the RS has absolutely everything you need in terms of facilities and space the PH is just over the top. You could hold a ball in the main bathroom! The balcony is nice but a little long and narrow, the one area where I think the M class PH definitely has the edge.

We have found service stunning both in RS and PH. If you order a meal to enjoy in suite just let your butler know if you want it course by course or all together and he will sort.

The PH is a great room to invite friends for either a meal or a sail away. Whenever we have wanted to arrange a gathering in a RS or PH we have let our butler know a day or two before. Not really necessary but it does help then organise their workload better!

Remember you do have included unlimited speciality dining, in suite bar set up and laundry so sit back and enjoy! We cruise on Reflection later this week (RS).

Recommend first night dining in Tuscan Grill....we love sitting by the window watching the wake of the ship.

Have a fabulous cruise! May the force be with you!