OT - For Lois - Carol Burnett Show

Jane110

HI Lois,

A few months ago you told us about an upcoming Carol Burnett reunion show that was going to air on television. Unfortunately, I missed it.

Last week, there was a Carol Burnett reunion show, which I watched. However, the show was done in 1993. So my question is: The one you saw a couple of months ago....was that from 1993 or did they do yet another reunion show since that one?

Just curious.

Hope you having a good holiday season!

Thanks,

Jane

Hi Jane:)

1993?:eek: Well, maybe they originally did it over 10 years ago?

Are you talking about the one that Bravo was televising recently?

That is the one I saw a few months ago.....and I turned it on this

weekend and they were repeating it again.

I really don't remember a reunion from 93...and I think we saw the

same one. Do you remember what Carol was wearing?;)

When she came out on stage I believe she wore a beautiful

black and white pants outfit. If that is what you watched, then

we saw the same thing. Harvey, Tim and Lyle were in tuxes

and Carol Lawerence had a black outfit on too.

I thought the beginning was neat...they flashed back to the start

of all 11 years the show was on the air..and all her different

outfits!

Jane, hope my reply made sense:confused:

I think we saw the same show but I don't know if it was

first televised in 1993.

Happy Hannukah to you as well:)

Lois,

I TiVo'd it. There was a TV ad for it a couple of weeks ago and it was going to be playing on Xmas Eve. So I told my trusty little TiVo pal to record it. One of the nice things about TiVo is that when you look at the list of what you've recorded, it always gives the year it was originally aired .....otherwise, I wouldn't have known.

Yes, the opening had flashbacks of many of her "Good Evening" show openers.

She wore a black sequined skirted suit w/ distinctive white geometric designs on the sleeves and lapels. (they looked like sails)

Bob Mackie was in the audience and she thanked him for all the clothes and costumes and thanked other former cast members of singers and dancers who were also in the audience.

I don't remember what Vicki Lawrence wore, but the men were in tuxes.

Of course, they showed the famous "Went with the Wind" sketch with Scarlet wearing the green curtain dress along with the curtain rod. My favorite line was Rhett complimenting her dress and Scarlet responding "oh it was just something I saw in the window". Good fun stuff!

We probably saw the same show.

Jane

I watch about 45 minutes of the show while I was cleaning the kitchen last week, I haven't laughed so hard in years.

When I was a kid, my saturday nights were usually spent watchin MTM, Bob Newhart, and my favorite Carol Burnett.

I loved seeing all of her outfits. The costumes and dresses were great on that show.

But what made me laugh the hardes was the sketch with Tim and Harvey doing the dentist who accidently shoots himself with Novicane.

The best part is watching Harvey try so hard not to crack up.

Then there was the Mama and Eunice skit wher Tim is talking about the Siamese Elephants.... I just about lost it.

I'm not sure if they showed this on the special but I can remeber back in the day that much was made of the fact the Bob Mackie did both Cher's and Carols dresses. Once during a "Turn up the Lights" segment, an audience member asked if Carol and Cher ever wore the same dresses. Carol was wearing a beautiful white dress that was boat neck in the front, but scooped down to her waist in the back. Her answer was priceless..."Oh yes, but when Chere wears this one, she'll wear it backwards." or something like that.

Archived